REUNION WITH JW SIS AFTER 20 YRS OF SHUNNING

by California Sunshine 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I just now found this thread, and wanted to tell you, Sunny, that you have given me some hope for my own situation.

I had posted a couple of months ago about finding a former JW friend through Classmates.com and that we were corresponding. Unfortunately, when I didn't respond to her urgings to attend the Memorial and/or begin a Bible Study with her, she stopped writing. I've written to her several times, but my emails have been ignored.

I also located the address for a cousin I hadn't seen in 30 years. I wrote him a letter, and heard back from him. He seemed to be quite glad to hear from me, but he also brought up the inevitable "Are you still a Witness?" question.

I hesitated to write back for awhile, but I finally sent the letter off yesterday, explaining that I am inactive, but that I don't want to lose any more time and would like to reconnect with family. So many are already gone, and it would be a shame to waste what time we have left.

I'm hoping that he will respond as your sister did.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Red horse Woman,

You said "former friend". Nuf said............

Good luck with your cousin..........I would sincerely like to know how it turns out.

Although I have connected with my older sister I still have many members of my family that I know I will most likely never see again. But....one is better than none.

Sunny.....: )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit