REUNION WITH JW SIS AFTER 20 YRS OF SHUNNING

by California Sunshine 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Eyegirl,

Thanks for sharing your perspective. In this forum I mainly read about the heartache of older siblings not being able to have a relationship with younger siblings that still depend on JW parents.

Your experience was from the opposite point of view. Interesting the same pain and bitterness exists with not being able to have contact with those older brothers and sisters that have left the Org. How very sad.

I'm glad to read that now you do have contact. I wish you the best in the future.

Andee

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

thank you andee--you have no idea how bright i see my future now. :)

• teejay
    teejay

One...

cool...

thread.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Cal,
    what a bittersweet, eloquently written story.....

when Witnesses shun, they believe Armageddon is at their door...

then suddenly, 20, 25, years go by and they realize that maybe THIS life, and family, were more precious than they were led to believe...

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Since this thread was brought up again I thought those who have posted to it might be interested in how our second get together went yesterday.
    My younger sister picked me up at 7:30AM and we headed out to our big (JW) sister's house. She lives 50 miles away so it took us about an hour to get there. When we arrived we were welcomed like celebritys. A lovely buffet breakfast was waiting for us along with gifts. after breakfast we had a show and tell with some of the quilt projects (finished and unfinished) that was a great success. I brought the first quilt I had ever made to show my JW sis that you have to start somewhere and this is where I started.
    We all got into the car and headed toward the fabric wherehouse where my younger sister and I like to shop for some some of our fabrics that we quilt with. We have decided to each make a quilt to commemorate our reunion. We are calling them the "sister's reunion quilts" They will be made in the same pattern only the fabrics will be selected to our own tastes. My younger sister and I were to help our JW sis pick out the fabrics and supplies she would need.
    We arrived at the fabris store at 11:00Am and when we walked out the door it was 4:15PM. My younger sister and I worked like crazy, putting colors and patterns (in the fabrics) together. This store is as big as a supermarket....so we were exhausted after it was all over.
    I'm still exhausted today...I was a grouch at work today too.
    We stopped to eat on the way home and my JW sis picked up the tab.

We are already planning another get together. My younger sister and I are going to have a quilting class at her house and my JW sis will be the student. I will bring my machine and my little sis will let Jw sis use hers and she will start teaching hands on. I will help by sewing along with her so she can see what she wants to achieve. We will do this before the end of July.

We talked about a lot of things yesterday. Not much has been said about us not seeing each other for 20 years. But then, what can you say? That time can never be regained. I grieve for that time lost. But at least the terrible anger is mostly gone. My JW sis is trying so hard. I get the feeling she has no bossum buddys. I guess JWs can never really have a TRUE friend. Someone you can say and tell anything to. Perhaps my younger sister and I can fill just a little of that need for her.
    As Andee said, It is truely a miracle.

eyegirl: How wonderful that you have reconnected with your sister. You have your own little miracle going too. Next time you see your sister give her a hug and tell her its from me. I am so happy for you
    two!

I'm so glad this thread has touched so many people and I'm amazed that it has been read so many times. Thank you to all who have posted to it. There are so many wonderful people at this forum.

Sunny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

California Sunshine,

It's raining tear's at this big bear's computer.

I have not laid eye's or spoken a word to two of my three sister's in over 20yrs.

You wrote the story with such feeling and intensity, it was palpable.

You offered another ray of hope, this week my daughter contacted me for the first time in three years. It was great.

The time lost is the worst. The sheer meaness, bordering on evil, shunning has decimated families all over the world. Man the outcry of anger and bitterness that will be released, if that hideous organization ever reforms its disfellowshiping practice. Think the Catholic's no fish on friday, reform even would come close? ;) Not.

So glad you have your sister back in your life.

Danny

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Nothing like starting my morning w/tears and a cup of coffee!

Thank you so much, Sunny....thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

I am eyegirl's sister and could completely relate to everything in your story Sunny. I remember Eye was just a little blonde girl in pigtails when I left. Her and I are 10 years apart and were so close. I remember crying because I missed her so much. I deal w/anger towards our parents and the borg for taking away so much of our lives. She was 8, then I blinked my eyes and she was 23 the next time I saw her. Even though the borg took 15 years away from us, they will not take another minute!

~Christy

You know when healing's occurred when you can remember when you want to and forget when you choose.-Bessel van der Kolk

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Hi back Danny....I'm sad for you that you haven't seen your sisters in so long....but I'm also glad you got to see your daughter.
    The GB can never change their policies on disfellowshipping and the subsequent shunning. They would then expose themselves for the Asses that we all know they truly are.
    I hope you will continue to see your kid. Good luck.

((((((Christy))))))....You and ((((((eyegirl))))) have touched my heart. You have walked in my shoes (of sorts) and have your own story to tell. Don't let ANYTHING ever separate you again!

Sunny

• LDH
    LDH

What a great thread!

Hugs to all of you, like I've said on another thread, in your personal relationships.

JT's non-JW co-worker mentioned someting about the JWs on this board never being "happy" for us.

Well that is part of the reason I have spent so long cultivating a "relationship" with Fred and NYT/Mike Musto.

One day, their JW world will blow up in their face, and when it happens, they will need to confide in someone they can trust.

In the words of Hillary Step, "When I make friends of my enemies, don't I destroy them? (my enemies)."

Yes it is true. The JW are never offered unconditional love, nor respect. Even after a lifetime of service, like Makena's Dad. Just a 30 lecture full of WT dribble.

I hope that LOVE will see us all through.

Lisa

• troucul
    troucul

Even after a few years of being out, that phrase hit me like a ton of bricks: JWs can never have a TRUE friend.

James Hetfield said it best when he sang SAD BUT TRUUUUE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit