I had cataract surgery on Feb 12

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Lady Lee, that is sooooo good to hear. My parents and my grandmother went thru cataract surgery successfully and the results were fantastic. My grandmother was soooooo glad she finally conceded to go thru with it. She got to see her first grandbaby!

So many of us were convinced (by direct WT statements) that we would never face this point of time in our life. OOPS! Here we are needing this serious surgery. BUT do we have any health care benefits (US)? Can we afford the healthcare needs that we have? (Even afer years of WT dervitude?)

So sad.

Doc

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

mamochan

3 days ago I was scared about this. Have been scared since she first mentionned it 2 years ago. Really and truly there is nothing to be scared about. I think the idea of it is very scarey. The reality after having it done - even 5 minutes after having it done was so much better than I thought. The nurses and everyone kept askingme if I had someone to take me home. I told them I was going on Para (adapted buses) They don't want people to drive home by themselves. And that is understandable.

But with all the questions about someone taking me home I thought this was going to be a bigger deal than I knew. But Para got all messed up and I didn't want to wait for 3 hours for a bus to show up so I got on a city bus and went home. I even stopped at the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and also did a bit of shopping. This was easilier and less time consuming than getting my eyes checked for new glasses. The eye exams the week before more painful because they had to keep putting drops iun my eyes for different things and that stung a little.

That isn't to say that there can be complications. It is surgery and there can always be problems But I haven't heard of one person yet who has complained after getting it done.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I'm very glad that everything went well for you Lady Lee! My grandmother just had cataract surgery about 3 months ago and everything went well also. I hope you get to see something amazing now!(:

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Lady Lee - I think the scary part for those of us who have always had vision problems is the threat of losing eyesight completely. I was told at 12 years old that I was going to be blind by 20, so I've always lived in fear of that, I guess. OVer the years I've looked into all kinds of eye surgeries - radial keratotomy, laser surgery, etc. But I was terrified that I'd go blind because that was implanted in me at 12. I guess that speaks to the power of cult-think, in a way!

My optometrist told me I will be very happy with cataract surgery, so it's really good to hear personal stories like yours to reinforce that. So glad things turned out well for you.

• happy@last
    happy@last

So happy for you, my mother had hers done last year and was delighted with the results too. As you say, anyone contemplating it needn't hesitate

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Glad to hear eveything went well. My mother had both her eyes done, with mixed results. She's diabetic. Success rate for diabetics is not all that great.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Glad your surgery went well and your vision is better, Lady Lee...

I would love to have surgery, but I'm far sided. They said it's really is only good for distance issues. OMG...and trying bio focal contacts is a weird experience......I wish I could read a book without glasses....:(

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That is such encouraging news, Lady Lee, and just what I needed to read. I'm due to have this done very soon, and have the pre-op appointment at the end of this month.

My cataract is in my right eye and is worse every day. The consultant has put me at the top of the list as urgent. I have quite significant floaters in my left eye too, and a cataract there also, but that cataract doesn't need surgery yet.

As others have said I am scared. Nice to know that it's not just me! And very reassuring to read your encouraging post, Lady Lee! And to see that you can clearly read and use the computer!

Thanks!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I came to this thread to say "get well soon" in a large font (to be funny). Glad you don't need it!

• Deceived
    Deceived

Wonderful news Lady Lee, I am so happy it went well.

Paula

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit