I had cataract surgery on Feb 12

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I had the left eye done in 2006. My right eye got progressively worse over the next five years. I finally went in and had the right eye done in January 2012. It's exactly like Lady Lee describes. No pain, no discomfort. No more itch than what you might get during hay fever season, but not even that bad. I still have to wear bifocals, but my correction is for near sight. I can easily read a book without glasses and a computer screen is easy. But driving still requires glasses - but my doctor set the lense so that both eyes have the same prescription.

If you ever need it done, don't even think twice. It's actually far less painful than having your teeth cleaned and much less uncomfortable.

JV

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And to think that there are still JWs deluded with the idea of the "good old days" pre-1914... when people would go blind from cataracts.

Oh, these wicked "Last Days" when cataracts can be successfully fixed with out-patient procedures. And with things like lasik, braces, clearasil, hair color, and knee replacement surgery, life is hardly worth living in Satan's system... on the other hand... hurray for Satan!

• tif21
    tif21

Lady Lee, I had my second surgery yesterday, and I'm amazed how good I can see. Doc said I will only need glasses to read. I can't believe how bright colors can be. I have a real hard time with white, but doc said I will gradually get used to the brightness. I feel wonderful.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So glad to hear that you will be able to enjoy better vision.

• designs
    designs

Glad it went so well LL.

This is something I have to have done this year.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Lady Lee>>>Tif21>>>So happy to hear success stories. Sending flowers your way.

Billy the Ex>>>>>Ha ha ha. Yes. It is wonderful to be alive at this time.

Just Lois

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

tif congrats on getting it done. I'm on day three and the vision is getting better almost hour by hour. My biggest problem now is that the left eye hates the lens in the glasses. I'm looking for my eyeblass screwdiver so that I can take out the lens lol

This is awesome

Grace I don't think they wait anymore. Talk to an opthalmologist. Get it done. Personally sooner is better then later - whether of when you take them into the bucket.

• bsmart
    bsmart

My husband is in the "not ripe" stage, it is so nice to see that it is totally outpatient and virtually painless!

• still thinking
    still thinking

I am really pleased for you ladylee...and tif21...my mother had cataracts. But back then, they removed the lens and didn't replace them. So even after she had them removed it was still fuzzy.

Medicine has come a long way since then. It's good to hear they can easily fix something that has such a huge effect on peoples lives.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Glad to hear your experieance, Lady Lee. I'm facing this operation within the next year or so and it's very scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit