I had cataract surgery on Feb 12

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I cannot believe the difference in my vision. Even with glasses my vision in the left eye was poor. But I can now read a 12 font fairly clearly without the glasses. I haven't been able to do that in decades even with new glasses every year or two.

I was scared about getting the other eye done in April. I thought if the bad eye is just a bit better than before the surgery I will wind up being almost blind for about 8 weeks until I can get new glasses. Now? I am ready.

I cannot believe how bad my vision had gotten. Whites were not while anymore. White was a pale grayish brown. At least that is what I am seeing when I compare the left eye without glasses to the right eye with glasses or without them.

Surgery was a cinch. They give you something to relax you and then freeze the eye and muscles around it. I was in and out of surgery in about 15 minutes. You are awake but your face is draped so that only the eye they are working on can be seen. You see nothing because the eye they are working on has a huge light over you so all you see is white.

You have to fast the night before and they give you something to eat and drink as soon as you come out. I was up and walking within a couple of minutes. And was out if the hospital within an hour. MY ride with paratransport got seriously messed up so I took the regular bus home. No pain except a tiny bit of burning.

I have to put drops in my eye to reduce infection but I am fine. This was way easier than I thought so I can't wait until April to get the other eye done.

If you think you might need it definitely go get it. I am on my 3rd post-op day and am thrilled with the results

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

very happy for you Lady Lee

My mother had cataract surgery a couple of years ago, she was so thrilled with the results but is too afraid to have the second eye done. I think the anxiety she had prior to the surgery was the worst part.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Glad this worked so well for you, Lee. It's reassuring to know that this isn't a difficult process. The main hurdle is mental (or for us in America, possibly there's a financial hurdle).

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Fantastic. I don't know anyone who has had this surgery and not been amazed.

• Glander
    Glander

I know several people who have had the surgery and are thrilled with the improvement.

I have had just about everything you can imagine done to my right eye (except cataract) and I would do it again. Eye surgery conjures up the idea of the most excruciating pain but in fact it is not. Now, ingrown toenail surgery is something else.

Congratulations and best wishes for your next one.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Good for you. And you didn't have to wait for the new system to restore your vision!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wannabefree encourage her as much as you can. I knew no one who has had it done soi my anxiety beforehand was sky high. Now? I wish I could get it done tomorrow. Having the imbalance between teh two eyes can't be great for her.

gopher I agree that financially it might be a hurdle. Thank goodness for Health Care in Canada

I went in to see this Dr 2 years ago and she said they were there but not bad enough to operate. This time I saw her Feb 4th and was booked for surgery on the 12th. That is unheard of in Canada. Ususally there is a long wait list. But apparently no with list at all for this particular surgery.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ((LadyLee!))..

Congratulations!..

I`m happy everything worked out for you..

I recently got glass`s for driving..No more looking for the Red Blur..

Did you know those signs actually say "Stop"?!..

........................ mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

not of you are in Quebec buddy. There you have to watch out for the dreaded Arrete but a tleast they kept the shape size and color

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congrats, Lady Lee! Dad had this done and afterwards he said he was seeing better than he had in years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit