Hot of the Press!!! YEARBOOK 2013 :Letter from the Governing Body

by raymond frantz 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

YEARBOOK 2013 :Letter from the Governing Body

Dear brothers and sisters :Our Heavenly Father,Jehovah, is the personification of love.Hence the Bible states :"God is love".(1 John 4:8) Even though Jehovah is Almighty ,His Word never says ,"God is power" or , "God is might".He bases his rule primarily on love.How this attracts us to him!

Happily, Jehovah does not force us to serve him. He is not a dictator. He wants us to serve him out of love from the heart.When we do this , we show that we want his rulership because we believe that the way he rules is right and loving.This has been evident from the beginning of human history.

Rather than compel Adam and Eve to obey him,Jehovah gave him the opportunity to make their own choice. If they had really loved Jehovah and appreciated what he had done for them ,they would have resisted Satan's efforts to cause them to rebel .

Later on ,Moses said in his parting speech to the nation of Israel:" See, I do put before you today life and good,and death and bad".(Deut.30:15)The people had the freedom to decide how they wanted to live.Similarly,Joshua said to the Israelites:" If it is bad in your eyes to serve Jehovah,choose for yourselves today whom you will serve." In reply , the people answered Joshua:"It is unthinkable,on our part, to leave Jehovah".(Josh.24:15,16)That is how we feel today as well.Because we love Jehovah, it is "unthinkable" for us to leave him.

Within the Christian congragation, we clearly understand the matter of free will. While elders are authorised to counsel and even discipline, they do not seek to dominate or to control the life or faith of others. The apostle Paul wrote :"Not that we are the masters over your faith ,but we are fellow workers for your joy,for it is by your faith you are standing ".-2 Cor. 1:24.

How satisfying it is to do something because we want to do it instead of being forced to do it ! Jehovah invites us to do what is good out of love.The importance of that is seen in Paul's inspired words:"If I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I my boast, but do not have love,I'm not profited at all".1 Cor. 13:3.

What joy it brings to Jehovah- what praise- to see millions of our brothers and sisters serving him because they love him with all their heart!

Jehovah in turn ,dearly loves all his servants, including all you children and teenagers who show that you love Jehovah rather than the world and the self-gratification it offers.Be assured ,too, that we love you dearly.-Luke 12:42.43.

Out of love for Jehovah ,last year you brothers ,sisters,and young people spent 1,748,697,447 hours proclaiming the good news. Prompted by love,7,782,346 shared in the field ministry worldwide.We rejoice in the fact that 268,777 new ones, among them many young ones, sumbolized their dedication to Jehovah through water baptism .This means that 5,168 were baptized on average every weekend.How this touches our heart!

In this time of the end.God's people have to cope with many problems,chalenges,persecution,sickness,and some have to contend with old age.But we are determined never to "shrink back" or to "give up".We love you all very much.-Heb.10:39;2 Cor.4:16.

Your brothers ,

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

* Highlighted parts are mine

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

1. They started blaming others ,that means that we have an impact and they are scared
    2. They blame local elders for their policies???
    3. They recognise the right for free will . HA,HA,HA,HA!!!!!
  • raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

While elders are authorised to counsel and even discipline, they do not seek to dominate or to control the life or faith of others.

Authorised by whom??????????

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Is this real? It seems like it mentions 'love' too much to be real.

Weird. Since when is 'love' supposed to be a JW's motivation for staying a JW? I thought JWs were only motivated by 'loyalty' and the 'earthly hope.'

They musta got a new writer...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Happily, Jehovah does not force us to serve him. He is not a dictator."

What part of their message "serve Jehovah or die" do they not understand? According to WT, he will use force. And if you live in bethel, the rules are dictatorial to the extreme.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Once again, the governing body is calling attention to themselves. They are name droppers, acting like they and GOD are tight. What a crock of you know what!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

We love you dearly, we love you very much the GB. What a bunch of lying hypocritical Sh$t!!! They have been exposed and its NOT going stop!!! ExJWs are relentless, determined to bring this EVIL money making scam down fast. Damm right they are scared and so are there lawyers.....basturds!

• l p
    l p

I love your posts Billy! you make me laugh, and so does outlaw

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Our Heavenly Father,Jehovah

Bear in mind that when they say this, they don't actually believe their audience is considered as God's children at all. So "our" could--could--mean "their" Heavenly Father....

He bases his rule primarily on love.

Because obviously, he's going to love 99.9% of humanity to death at Armageddon, right? Without power, there'd be nothing to back his rule up with. Love alone would render him impotent. I call b.s. This isn't about love. This is about fear, and you can't inspire fear without power--without the belief that you have power.

--sd-7

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I read the new Year Book. I guess my eyes were already glazed over because I do not recall ever reading in Watch Tower publications,

" we love you all very much".

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit