If you wanted to go to College/University, how do you think you would fair, after paying off your Student Loans?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Snare&Racket, What a feeling of pure joy you must have felt, when your abilities, qualified you, over more than 200 students, for your seat. I can only imagine how you must have felt.

What a beautiful, wonderful thing you are doing for yourself, and then in turn, helping others.

I am so grateful Watchtower did not get their grubby little paws on you. You seem like such a Sweetheart!

We all have a future. A future that can be wondrous for each of us, if we plan wisely for it. It is never too late.

Keep us updated on your Studies.

Just Lois

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

There are over 7 billion people on this earth. I do not have to like each one.

Very true, Lois. I haven't commented on this thread thus far because I didn't want to sidetrack with my student loan rant...but after thinking about it, it's something worth considering. Had I gone to college when I was young, when the WT prevented me from doing so by convincing my mother it was wrong, I would not be facing huge student loans at my age. I would already have a well-paying job and career and would have been able to give my children the life they deserved, not one of continual financial deprivation. I also would not have my credit completely destroyed by a completely disfunctional student loan system. But that's a completely different topic.

My point is that getting an education is never wrong, and the earlier yoiu do it, the better. It's never too late - but it will get harder to see a return if you wait too long. I won't pay my student loans off before I reach retirement age, if ever. But I will NEVER regret going to university. Best choice I ever made. I would strongly recommend that anyone who is hesitating: do it now. Don't wait.

I gather that in some places in the U.S. mature students can go to college for free? That's amazing. If that's the case in your state - then there really is no excuse. In fact, there are all kinds of free university offerings through Coursera.

If I were able to do it all again, I would have made the most of my high school, got top marks and gone straight into university. But I'm not talking just university/college. I'm talking every type of education. Getting a trade certificate if that's where your talents and interests lay is equally valid. Education. Bottom line.

Mamochan>>>>>Wow. What an example you are to your Family! How Brave. All your Friends and Family must think very highly of you. You seem to have a quiet dignity, paired with the knowledge of how to get the lead out and get things done. I respect that. I admire that.

Just Lois

Mamochan>>>>>I guess I missed those threads about your Student Loans. lol

I have no idea how much it cost for your particular Field of Study.

I appreciated what VillageGirl wrote.

I don't know how many years you have to go until retirement...along with how many years to repay your loan. It is a tough one, I hear you.

St George of England, talked about his job satisfaction and the fulfillment he received, from that job, on a daily basis. I think I hear that in your Posts too.

Just Lois

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Great thread Lois, everyone has made really interesting replies. Do regular pioneers do 50hrs a month now? I wonder what 100hrs a month for 10 yrs would have been worth in pounds if they'd paid me

I got a good temporary job after leaving the JWs on the strength of the fact that I had started an Open University degree. Then I had five years off to have my daughter. My husband also got a job with his OU degree and then a better one, then a much better one and so on. When I went back to work when my daughter started school I used the reference from that first good job to get the one I have now, which I love and I've been there for almost 13 years.

In the UK it is still the case that any degree shows a level of education and critical thinking that employers are looking for. It suggests the ability to think for yourself, use your initiative etc. My daughter is most definitely going to a university. I have always linked education in her mind with having an interesting and fulfilling job and the ability to travel, buy a house or a horse etc. Amazingly she has found that she also loves learning for it's own sake and adores literature.

It's not about greed. It's about an end to poverty for pioneers.

Xanthippe>>>>>It is so wonderful to hear, what sounds like , full recovery from the Borg. No casualties taken, no one left behind. Yes! Success!

That is what we all want to make happen. With wonderful Boards like this, and a proven record of successful fades, teaching TTATT, incalcating in our children to think for themselves, we can help thousands to leave The Watch Tower Society, successfully.

This is what everyone on JW.net wants. All 7 1/2 million lied to Souls, to come out, into this beautiful world. We are here to help.

Just Lois

Snare&Racket>>>>>Yes. Your hard study habits are a noble undertaking. It will be fun after you graduate, get a job and come to the good 'ol USA. There are enough of us here North South East West, that where ever you choose, you will find like minded exJW's who have left the Organization and have bettered themselves and are having successful and meaningful lives.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit