If you wanted to go to College/University, how do you think you would fair, after paying off your Student Loans?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If you go to College/University...where do you see yourself in 20 years, 50 years?

If you do not get higher learning, where do you see yourself in 20 years, 50 years?

How far does your paycheck stretch now?

Single/Married...Children...Housing...Furniture...Clothing...Food...Car...Dental...Utilities...Vacation...Savings...Emergencies...Taxes...Entertainment.

Insurance...Health...Life...Dental... House...Contents...Car...Vacation.

If you are a pioneer, $10.00 x 30 hours = a loss of $300.00 every month. A loss of $3,600.00 per year. Or loss/saving for 40 years = $144,000.00.

If you are a pioneer, $20.00 x 30 hours = a loss of $600.00 every month. A loss of $7,200.00 per year. Or loss/saving for 40 years = $288,000.00.

If you are a pioneer, $10.00 x 50 hours = a loss of $500.00 every month. A loss of $6,000.00 per year. Or loss/saving for 40 years = $240,000.00.

If you are a pioneer, $20.00 x 50 hours = a loss of $1,000.00 every month. A loss of $12,000.00 per year. Or loss/saving for 40 years = $480,000.00.

Someone else can compound the interest.

Do you have a 5 year plan? 10 year plan? The Watch Tower Society does.

Do you have a Retirement plan in place?

If they can keep you down and ignorant, like an abusive mate does, it will be for their benefit, not yours.

Just Lois Plaining Speaking

• hoser
    hoser

If they can keep you down and ignorant, like an abusive mate does, it will be for their benefit, not yours.

this is the plan I do believe. No university. No overtime. No entertaining "worldly" business clients. All designed to keep the sheeples poor,poor,poor and in need of the new system

As for University, I have mixed feelings on the subject. Everyone has to have a marketable skill, but it may just be a trade. Or you may be a truck driver, or a janitor.

Higher learning does not always equal financial success. You need a good head on your shoulders and some business skills to make it happen. It may not be the norm, but I know people with degrees that are barely squeaking by and I know millionares that never even finished high school. One guy can't even read and he's worth a couple million. lol

hoser

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'm doing very well financially as a result of obtaining my college degree. Still paying off the student loan, but my income has gone up tremendously and my job opportunities are much greater. But more important is the personal satisfaction that comes from pursing personal goals and accomplishing them.

Your mileage may vary.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I feel that college has taken the place of a high school degree. When I attended college, college was the ultimate. Perhaps it was where I attended school but my classmates were poised for professional or graduate school. I felt so lucky to be in college.

Few trades pay as well as college degree jobs. There are noteable exceptions though. I do know that certain crafts, such as carpentry, violin making, etc. pay top dollar. Unforunately, you need to do apprenticesihps which may be hard to enter. In NY, for example, tug boat operators make a fortune. The business was restricted to close family members. I suspect civil rights suits may have broken the hold on such unions.

The Witness will be just as much against any trade requiring a long apprenticeship. It should be obvious why they fear education.

I knew people in the film industry, opera, and ballet.

Poverty limits your options.

Hoser>>>>>I agree. A degree does not guarantee a job. It does widen your horizons, your choices in life, if that is what you desire. You get a chance to "butt heads", sharpen your learning and listening skills. It can pull down your fences, so you can study for yourself, not be spoon fed from cherry picked Watch Tower material. Depending on what you want to do with your life, any amount of College will be helpful on your resume, generally, over those who have just a High School diploma. I have heard, some places won't hire you if you have been to College. They are afraid that it might mean you are smarter than them and will take away their job.

Just Lois Just saying

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

use a little more sense. if you have apptitude in certain fields(fields with high demand) and go for a degree in that particular field, you are a lock for a high paying job. if you simply use the term "college degree" then no, it is not what it used to be and you can wind up with a pretty useless document. there is a lot coming in the way of education though, especially online with the edx thing. if all of this massive online learning (which is not credit based) takes off, i wonder if borg tower will change their position.

• unstopableravens
  • Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I agree with hoser on this one. The right vocation for someone might not need college/uni. If a person can find what's right for them, they will never have an issue.

Personally, the right career for me was a trade. It comes easily to me, and I'm doing well financially as a result. At times I do wish I had gone to University, but it wouldn't have fit into my life at the time. There have been sacrifices for my career, but at this point I should never have money or employment issues unless I bring them on myself.

What the WT wants, though, is for dubs to be hard done by. Uneducated, uninformed, struggling financially in a job that they hate. A career so bad that service doesn't seem so bad! It is truly sad.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Altho the recession is a heavy burden, I don't feel the largest payoff for doing college and prof. school was money related. Rather, it opened up a large world for me. After the Witnesses, I was treated as a princess, which was a nice change. Every little bit I learned exposed me to larger items. My classmates were more important to my process than my profs. I always achieved high grades with little effort. Finally, I had peers who left me in the dirt.

The exposure to college women was exciting. Unlike high school, we valued ourselves. No female ever broke an enagement with me to go on a date. The assumption was that one could study, date, and pursue outside interests, Of course, we were male focused but male focused light.

Because I had only been away from the Witnesses for 1 1/2 years when I started college, it was such a relief. Countless fields exposed me to help for my problems. If I had attended private school and had educated parents, the differences would not be so stark.

Getting a job was seen as a secondary role in society. College finished you. Work was considered vulgar.

I wish vocational counselors would educate people about alternative educations. The world is not divided into high school grads vs. college grads as the only options. Frankly, I don't think I would be admitted to my law school today. Most students have multiple degrees and substantial business/ngo work.

If I had to do college again, I would try a double major. One major would be my passion and the other would be more pragmatic towards landing a job. My major was Political Science. I no longer see it as suffficient. If one is interested in political change, advan;ced knowledge of statistics and finance is needed. So many law students today are learning Mandarin.

Education is priceless.

Captain Obvious>>>>>A career so bad, that service doesn't seem so bad. Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I was at a large Court House yesterday. I couldn't help but notice how good looking, these professional men were, in their quality suits, ties, shoes and haircuts. These are real learned men, not Watch Tower wanna be's. Milling around are men with portfolio's, brief cases. Nary a Bible among them. This is them at work.

Watch Tower Society baptizes 12 year old boys, tell them, they are now Ordained Ministers. These boys will have out grown their first "preachers suit" several times over, before they are considered old enough in the USA to vote or marry. It is ludicrous that these teen-age people, are Ordained Ministers, and are told to spend their week-ends , knocking on doors, to preach to people who have been working all week and looking forward to some peace and quiet.

Which group of men/boys do you think have gotten to work for and realize their dreams? At age 30, both groups of men are wearing suits. Which group do You think, can think independently and have a chance at a great future?

Watch Tower Society, sells, Cracker Jack dreams. You get candy coated, nuts and corn and a little plastic toy that soon breaks and gets lost in the shuffle.

If I had a son. I wouldn't want him to get lost in the shuffle.

Listen to the Governing Body, Obey-Obey-Obey, these impotent, self serving, youth and money grasping men or spread your wings and think for yourself and have a Life.

That's all I am saying.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit