Discussion with family member who is an Elder in our congregation

by Newly Enlightened 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Newly Enlightened, Three Gold Stars for gumpion and a "g" if you were working on presentation and delivery.

Good show!

Just Lois

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@TheOldHippie

The illustration shows the entire structure of the org from top to bottom. Jehovah and the angels, and there are many angels pictured, are leading the way. No Jesus.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Excuse me, but is not the heading or title of the illustration "The earthly part of ......"

So why should my Lord Jesus Christ appear in an illustration of the EARTHLY part of it?

Why then, Hippie, does the illustration depict a king on a heavenly throne and angels? The 'heavenly' part of the picture is supposed to be a representation of Ezekiel's vision which was illustrated a few pages earlier. Jehovah is on the throne in Ezekiel's vision. Therefore, the king shown in the 'earthly part' picture must be Jehovah, right? So where's the Head of the earthly Christian congregation and reigning Messianic king in the picture? Why is he missing?

• Listener
    Listener

Oh, I just figured it out - he's invisible.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

he (elder) can tell himself anything he likes to sleep well, but he KNOWS what he said about 'apostasy'...

he just can't face it YET

Oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    because that would be apostasy.

Always on the defensive. Afraid to imply anything bad about the GB.

Always using the word 'apostate'(TM) as the ultimate swear word. (Thats 'curse word' to my U.S.A. friends).

The JW cult mind set is a vile thing to be burdened with. I'm glad I left but the scars run deep.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Old hippie is on here again defending the indefensible. Why the hell do you sit on the fence? Either you are a JW or you are not, if you are swallow all their bullshit wholesale, but don't pick and choose what you like and what you don't like.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Good job NE, their own published material is the best way to enlighten them. As Jesus said "your own words will accuse you"

Russell got all his stuff from the Adventist movement of his time that spawned many of these end time churches after their dates failed also. Russell just made himself a BIGGER FROG IN A SMALLER POND !!!

Shalom

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oldhippie has a good point. The WTBTS is cunning. They knew that by using that picture they could do 2 things.

1) Claim to be technically correct. They can say that Jesus is not mentioned in Ezekiel's vision, so of course he was not included.

2) Eliminate Christ Jesus in the minds of JW's. Jesus' name is for the end of prayers only.

If you are totally decieved and brainwashed you never ask the important question, which is " Why did the Governing Body deliberately choose to represent God's Organization, at this point in history, with Ezekiel's vision?" That is not a scripturally accurate depiction of the Christian congregation. So why use that picture? See point #2. The GB must find ways to keep the sheeple loyal to a visible organization/ corporation at all costs. Hayden Covington put it best when under oath:

Q. Back to the point now. A false prophesy was promulgated?

A. I agree that.

Q. It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses?

A. That is correct.

Q. If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?

A.Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erronious and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organisation, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organisation would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.

Q. Unity at all costs?

A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation, the governing body of our organisation to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.

Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?

A. That is conceded to be true

Q. And the person who expressed his view, as you say, that it was wrong, and was disfellowshipped, would be in breach of the Covenant, if he was baptized?

A. That is correct.

Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?

A. I think - - -

Q. Would you say yes or no?

A. I will answer yes, unhesitatingly.

Q. Do you call that religion?

A. It certainly is.

Q. Do you call it Christianity?

A. I certainly do.

If you could somehow flip a switch and make the R&F see TTATT, the man behind the curtain, the Organization would disintergrate. There goes all that beautiful money and free labor. Whoever is really pulling the strings knows this. They will do everything that they can to stop that from happening. Look for " brazen conduct " really being used to DF in the future. The Pharisees are going to have to tighten the screws if they are going to maintain control over the sheeple.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Data-dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit