Discussion with family member who is an Elder in our congregation

by Newly Enlightened 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

We all do at one time or another. So if anyone else wants to rant & rave on this thread, be my guest.

• barry
  • barry
    barry

The JW organisation has abandoned the protestant principle of sola scriptura from the information on the utube, Motivate righthearted ones. I dont know why they don,t become Roman Catholic. After all if a church has that authority then it matters not what they teach but only that they have teaching authority or the 'majesterium'.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    He goes, but we're so close to the end.

I know the ORG has been pushing the end being close for decades ... but are they ramping this up with the elders?

An elder in my congregation threw this out at me a few months ago and another one used it as his excuse why he was acting harshly to my daughter to try and bring her to her senses about the urgency of how close we are to the end.

If the ORG is having the CO's push this increased urgency of so close to the end crap, they're gonna burn these guys out.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Exactly. And I feel bad that I laughed in the guys ear, but I've been hearing this for 49 yrs, it gets a little old after awhile. Kind of like the Boy who cried wolf.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Newly Enlightened, I love your boldness! No beating around the bush there!

Doc

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Awesome . way to go

• Quendi
    Quendi

What an experience! I have to tell you how much I admire and respect you, Newly Enlightened. I appreciate your boldness and firm determination to stand up to this execrable cult and its minions. And thank you for venting as well. It did my heart good to read your thoughts. I also appreciate all the more how any contact with this organization is hazardous. The last time I had any was in January when I made it clear to a friend of 25 years that I would never set foot in a kingdom hall again. The silence which has followed has been deafening, but I can only hope that he’ll come to his senses in time.

I wish you and your husband all the best as you move forward. You are not alone and I have every confidence in you. Breaking free has already paid you dividends and I’m sure more will follow. Please keep us apprised about any further developments. I’m sure I won’t be the only one eager to read them.

Quendi

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you all, they just make me so darn angry sometimes. My big mouth is what gets me in trouble all the time.

• LoisLane looking for Superman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit