Rumor of new light on the headquarters of the WT

by wolfman85 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Great crowd or other sheep, that is the question......

Technically, the WTS has commented on the fine difference between the two years ago.

*** w66 9/1 pp. 543-544 Questions From Readers ***

Would it be proper to use the expressions “other sheep” (John 10:16) and “great crowd” (Rev. 7:9) interchangeably at all times?—G.S.

No, this would not be Scripturally fitting. All those making up the “great crowd” of Revelation 7:9 are “other sheep,” but not all of the “other sheep” of John 10:16 constitute a part of the “great crowd.” These terms are not wholly synonymous.

All persons having God’s approval may Scripturally be viewed as sheep. And Jesus Christ said: “I surrender my soul in behalf of the sheep.” (John 10:15) Whereas there is a “little flock” of 144,000 “sheep” with the prospect of resurrection to heavenly life, many other sheeplike ones have the prospect of life on earth in God’s promised new order. (Luke 12:32; Rev. 14:1-4; Ps. 37:11, 29) All persons with earthly hopes and possibilities are referred to as the “other sheep,” at John 10:16, to distinguish them from those “sheep” who are granted heavenly life. The earthly “other sheep” will include faithful men of old times, like Abraham, David and Daniel. (Heb. 11:8-19, 32-35; Dan. 12:13) Many others resurrected during Christ’s thousand-year reign will prove obedient to God and will thus show that they too are “other sheep” of the Fine Shepherd. This term also applies to the “great crowd” of righteously disposed persons who will live right through the destructive end of this system of things, and to any of their righteous offspring during Christ’s millennial reign.

So, “other sheep” is a broad term. However, the “great crowd” constitute but a part of the “other sheep” class. Revelation 7:9, 14 tells us: “After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. . . . ‘These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.’” To be noted is the fact that the “great crowd,” who are distinguished from the 144,000 of spiritual Israel, “come out of the great tribulation” marking the “last days.” (Matt. 24:20, 21) The “great crowd” of Revelation 7:9 have not come out prior to ‘the time of the end.’

Hence, the term “other sheep” takes in all righteously disposed persons with earthly prospects and it includes the “great crowd.” The “great crowd,” however, are only those sheeplike ones with earthly hopes who have associated with Jehovah God’s earthly organization during the time marked by the “great tribulation” attending these last days.

• flipper
    flipper

Unbelievable. These crazy GB members could turn around, drop their pants down and MOON every JW and they'd say " It's new light ! , you'll earn to love it ! " And JW's would eat it up and kiss their spiritual behinds ! If only JW's realized that the alleged " new light " is emanating from those very behinds . Peace out, mr. Flipper

• mind blown
    mind blown

Crazy. They make things up as they go...........

• heathen
    heathen

I see also the other sheep jesus was talking about were the gentiles who after jesus died were also part of Gods chosen ones and has nothing to do with the GC thousands of years later , the jews were to remain seperate from gentiles up to that point then rather than exclude them from worship in the temple they were now part of the temple . Jesus was only trying to be inclusive but the GB turned it into what it is today and now they have to realize it because of the new changes for the FDS . What a web we weave when we practice to deceive ....

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

even the other sheep idea is dead wrong, they are the gentile Christians , starting with Cornelius.

I came to this realisation when I started reading the Bible without Watchtower spectacles.

'Tis true what they say. Reading the Bible without their littertrash turns you apostate!

• Fernando
    Fernando

(2 Timothy 3:8, 9 Paraphrased) . . .Now in the way that [pseudo mediators] Jan′nes and Jam′bres resisted Moses [Jesus], so these [the Governing Body and their lackeys who have seated themselves in the seat of Moses] also go on resisting the truth [of the Good News], men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rumours-Bloomers. I don't think they will add any more nonsense for a little while, they are aware they have a credibility problem.

• cedars
    cedars

It certainly has all the hallmarks of a crazy bit of Watchtower "new light." We'll see how this develops.

I agree with Phizzy though. Making too many major changes in a short space of time does damage credibility among Witnesses who already have doubts.

Cedars

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Didn't someone postulate that the WT could be checking reactions to potential New Light, or "Pre-NuLite(TM)", with rumours and postings to sites like this? Pehaps it could be a thought to embrace such crackpot ideas on here first so they get adopted, and THEN pick them to bits when they see the NuLite of day?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The Song Remains the Same>>>>>Welcome to JW.net

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit