Rumor of new light on the headquarters of the WT

by wolfman85 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I said to a former elder months ago, that it must be wrong to refer to anyone as being part of the Great Crowd, because the tribulation is future; therefore the Great Crowd has not individually proven themselves faithful yet.

Similarly, none of Christ's slaves alive - heavenly or earthly hopers - have proven themselves faithful stewards yet!

• flipper
    flipper

I remember back years ago ( over 9 years now ) when I attended the WT used to refer to it in print and speakers in talks as the " great crowd of other sheep ". You would hear C.O.'s and elders use that phrase in talks constantly. So- yeah, this is a new, if you will -- thought or muted light . LOL

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Does anybody remember that at one time the Great Tribulation began in 1914 and it was cut short about 1919 for the sake of the holy ones (can't remember why). There was to be an interruption for a short period of time, then the Great Tribulation would start up again as Armageddon. Except the "short period of time" became a long period of time. So they changed the explanation that the Great Tribulation was in the future and was one in the same as Armageddon? I think the explanation changed in the early 1970's.

So I think the explanation was that the Great Crowd came out of the Great Tribulation that had already begun.

• erbie
    erbie

It is strange that, with the constant flow of 'NEW LIGHT', things seem to get darker and more confused.

By now it should be like staring into the sun with a magnifying glass.

New light indeed...

What an idiotic concept!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

At this point..... this particular "new light" is only rumor, however at some point you would think that most JW's would wake up to this ever changing "Truth" nonsense. Just recently the JW's had the "new light" of over-lapping generations, and that "only" the WTS Governing Body was the Faithful & Discreet Slave. How can a religion that claims that only their WTS Organixation is God's Channel on Earth, and that Armageddon can come at any minute....how can they keep changing major doctrinal beliefs this late in the game? Anyone looking at this religion with common sense would see that the Leaders of the JW religion are pulling this shit out of their collective Governing Body ass.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

But, this looks like old light, if you read the WT articles from 1995 and 1966. The great crowd is those other sheep surviving the tribulation. "Other sheep" who has died before the tribulation is still other sheep, but not part og the great crowd.

But, maybe there will be something new...an adjustment to the overlapping generations and to the teaching of the FDS and the domestics?

• erbie
    erbie

Agree with the above.

Also, more often than not, their addition of 'new light' brings them right back in line with what Christendom has taught for the past two thousand years.

As I have long ago realised, many of their weird teachings were formulated out of a desire to differentiate themselves from mainstream Christianity.

For instance, there is nothing wrong with celebrating birthdays...it just identifies you as a JW.

You CANNOT reinvent the wheel...

You cannot pioneer a two thousand year old message.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They are great "flip-floppers" like chronic liars and fish caught and struggling.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Yes, but part of the article from the 1995 WT seems to be talking again through their two mouths because after point out the differences of the other sheep and the great crowd, come with this paragraph:

Understandably, though, for these to survive the approaching great tribulation, they must earlier have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, becoming true worshipers. Hence, though Revelation 7:9 is describing this crowd after the tribulation, we may apply the term "great crowd" to all with earthly hopes who are rendering Jehovah sacred service now, just before the great tribulation breaks out with the nations' attack on false religion.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

In trying to learn about the WT for the sake of a relationship, I've been reading about the historical evolution of these changes for over a year.

This "new truth" trick is wearing me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit