Rumor of new light on the headquarters of the WT

by wolfman85 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

english lesson please : what does "and MOON every jw" means ?

I mean the verb MOON

thank you in advance

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

MOONING:

You are welcome.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

OMG!! LOL!! every day I learn something new. A new English word to my dictionary!! Now I got Mr.Flipper post and really is very funny!!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is what was said in 1995

WT 4/15/95 Questions From Readers

Technically speaking,isthereadifferencebetweentheBiblicalterms“othersheep”and“greatcrowd”?

Yes, though we should not be unduly sensitive about word usage or be upset if someone uses the terms interchangeably...

....Now, what can be said about the identity of the “great crowd” mentioned at Revelation 7:9? Well, look at verse 13 and the question, “Who are they and where did they come from?” We find the answer at Revelation 7:14: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation.” So the “great crowd” is composed of those who come out of, or survive, the great tribulation. As verse 17 says, they will be ‘guided to fountains of waters of life’ on earth.

Understandably, though, for these to survive the approaching great tribulation, they must earlier have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, becoming true worshipers. Hence, though Revelation 7:9 is describing this crowd after the tribulation, we may apply the term “great crowd” to all with earthly hopes who are rendering Jehovah sacred service now, just before the great tribulation breaks out with the nations’ attack on false religion.

In summary, we might remember “other sheep” as the broader term, encompassing all of God’s servants having the hope of living forever on earth. It includes the more limited category of sheeplike ones today who are being gathered as a “great crowd” with the hope of living right through the impending great tribulation. Most of those loyal Christians alive today are of the “other sheep,” and they are part of the “great crowd” as well.

It is worth repeating that, fine as it is to be clear on these specifics, there is no need for any Christian to be overly word conscious—what might be called word critical. Paul warned about some who were “puffed up with pride” and involved in “debates about words.” (1 Timothy 6:4) If we personally recognize certain distinctions between terms, fine. Yet, we need not, either outwardly or inwardly, be critical of another who may not use Biblical terms quite as precisely. --- Watchtower 4/15/95

• steve2
    steve2

I agree with some others who have queried whether this is a significant change from the "current" official teaching,

Even so, apart from some interesting speculation on a Spanish forum, does anyone have any documented or observed indication that this "new light" is about to emerge?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They must be using the same lights from the Superdome

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not a "new light". It has from time to time been stressed that the GC are the ones saved, and so those now professing to have an earthly hope are OS - and as such hoping to become GC saved ones. Nothin' new, just pickin' at words.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Seems this young group of Governing body members are trying the prophecy card Fred Franz style. They are "the Generation that knew the original 1914 Generation" blah blah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I won't be bringing this one up with my family as I don't see convincing evidence of different light in the past.

The 1995 article uses the assumption that the GT is so close that the current other sheep are inevitably to be the GC. That is not a different GC doctrine, it's just more prophetic mumbo jumbo that has made the church leaders look like a bunch of fools because of the number of those potential GCs that have kicked the bucket since 1995.

You could try showing your Dub the 1995 article, then asking them if Uncle Doofus who died last year was GC in 1995 and in 2013, but they will probably just point out that the article discourages nitpicking and turn their brains off.

• Listener
    Listener

It would seem that by their 'nitpicking' (after all they wrote that 1995 article to discuss the issue) they are distracting the JWs from what Revelation actually discusses about this great crowd.

The great crowd is not saved at all, rather they are ones who have survived the GT. They are given no specific protection or any promise that they will be selected to be saved. However, the org. then determines that only those rendering sacred service now will have any chance of survival and Revelation only discusses the fact that they are currently (after surviving the GT) rendering service day and night

WT 4/15/95 Revelation 7:14: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation.” So the “great crowd” is composed of those who come out of, or survive, the great tribulation. As verse 17 says, they will be ‘guided to fountains of waters of life’ on earth.

Understandably, though, for these to survive the approaching great tribulation, they must earlier have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb

, becoming true worshipers. Hence, though Revelation 7:9 is describing this crowd after the tribulation, we may apply the term “great crowd” to all with

earthly hopes who are rendering Jehovah sacred service now, just before the great tribulation breaks out with the nations’ attack on false religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit