Were you popular in your congregation or district?

by Emery 55 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

At times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(James- that sounds like a Quibble! Quibble door is always open)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I hope the liked me, but I was not popular.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

My father (an elder) is somewhat popular in his circuit...many people also know me and expected that I would follow in his footstep and help out the aging congregations in the area.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I've always kept a low-profile,but my family name is well-known in the Circuit. So,my family is popular,but I am not,they don't know my first name,kol.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Yep, I was popular. Well known throughout the Circuit and somewhat in the District. I was a lead character in about 10 District Convention dramas and gave many Circuit Assembly talks. I was actually a good speaker (lost my modesty) and congregations loved for me to be their visiting speaker. There was shock when I left.

As many have already noted in many posts, circuit level elders are horrible arrogant pompous donkey behinds. I still shake my head at what I learned working with circuit elders. Terrible men.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I was pretty well known, but generally disliked.

Much as I am here."

not true James

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As an elder's wife we knew a lot of people. As an interpreter I knew a lot more people and had a regular fan chub at assemblies and conventions. Some would approach me after. Grace/Mouthy usually sat where she could be sure to watch me and always had something nice to say.

But years before that, as a teen people pretty much ignored or avoided me.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I was the party boy and entertainer. Liked by many, but not necessarily the elders.

zed

• compound complex
    compound complex

Like zed: I was the rock star in the circuit.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Were you popular in your congregation or district?

About a week or so someone started a thread about keeping a daily journal when growing up, I didn't keep one because I had nothing to write, when you're shunned by just about all your peers in the Hall, plus being just about full out socially awkward in school because of not to much interaction with your peers, what the hell did I need a diary for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit