Still Waiting For the Governing Body To Explain Their “New Light”

by Cameron_Don 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

THE "ALPHA AND OMEGA"OF REVELATION 22:12 Refers to Jehovah God - AWAKE! 8/22/78 p.28
    Refers to Jesus Christ - WT 10/1/78 p.15

Splash - I don't see Alpha and Omega referred to in the latter. They apply Rev 22 to Jesus in part, but their interpretation is that the speaker switches several times in this passage.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It doesn't need to make sense, you just need to believe it because they said it. Understand!

(Note: that is NOT a question).

• scotoma
    scotoma

There are hundreds of problems with JW interpretations. The only ones they change are those that are at the top of their list.

The fact that they chose to address this particular problem is very interesting. They are essentially saying that the most important thing they have to make clear is that "THEY ARE THE BOSS". This means that they feel their authority is weakening.

Selling properties. Reducing magazine size. Closing and consolidating branch offices are all signs of an organization in decline. We're talking "plant closings" and "layoffs".

All the special schools are aimed at hardening their core followers by making them feel special and indispensable.

The increasing number of partakers at the memorial is also an ominous sign for them. It suggests that this is more than the usual abused housewife who wants to be a Bride of Christ. A lot of the new partakers believe they have a calling or prophetic mission. They represent a challenge to the New governing body. The old governing body didn't claim their anointed status by means of a tortured conflict of choosing life in heaven or life on earth. They weren't presented with that choice. The new governing body members all became "anointed" in connection with a sense of self importance. The new governing body had to go against the stream to claim their anointing. Their motivation was undoubtedly a desire for prominence bolstered by their belief they had some divine role to play in the future of the organization. Of course these motivations are repressed. Instead of facing up to their old thought processes they choose to de-legitimize all the upstarts that might challenge them.

In effect this new interpretation is meant to kill off their rivals for authority.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Therefore, even if we as individuals do not fully understand a certain position taken by the slave class, that is no reason for us to reject it or return to Satan's world. Instead, loyalty will move us to act humbly and wait on Jehovah to clarify matters.

Typical GB, either your for us or aganst us mentality.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I still think the bigger issue is that Jesus did not inspect the org in 1918/19... that's a future thing.

I don't think they changed this ... yet? Am I wrong? I thought the only thing they said is a future thing is the "appointing over ALL of his belongings".

• Splash
    Splash

Postponed comment...

• heathen
    heathen

I thought someone posted an overlapping generation was the new dogma on that , which really sounds absurd , looks like they will just use the , "we are not spirit directed", excuse agian and demand the following be quiet about it

• Splash
    Splash

@Wannabefree,

Yes, they changed that. To quote their released statement:

"Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation."

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

@Flamegrilled.

I can see where the confusion comes from.

In Rev 22:13 it speaks about the Alpha and the Omega. WT tells us this means Jehovah.

Reading the whole of Rev 22 it's apparent that John is talking to an angel. Who is the Angel? It's Jesus.

So every reference to 'I' in Rev 22 is either John or Jesus speaking. This means that in Rev 22:12-18, it is Jesus speaking.

So when the WT quotes:

*** w78 10/1 p. 15 par. 6 “Keep on the Watch” ***

Also, in his final revelation concerning “the things that must shortly take place,” Jesus again stresses the suddenness with which he comes:

“Look! I am coming quickly. . . . Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me. . . . Yes; I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 22:7, 12, 20)

the 'inference' from the WT is that it is Jesus speaking. The WT78 does not try to clarify that in any way, nor suggest that inbetween Jesus' words, Jehovah chips in with an unrelated short statement.

Splash

• Emery
    Emery

Hey Don, this topic on the 1919 appointment has been the backbone of my awakening, I started a topic on this new light a few months back and I hope you can check it out whenever you get the chance.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239782/1/The-Watchtower-Attempts-to-Eliminate-Discrepancies-in-Authority

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit