Still Waiting For the Governing Body To Explain Their “New Light”

by Cameron_Don 66 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I think it was a legal move to protect assets. They had to announce it publicly SOMWHERE and it is clearly a quick, ill thought out idea.

They are covering some kind of loop hole to stop anointed having access to something they don't want getting sniffed at, knowing anyone, even us bunch could announce ourselves "anointed" and therefore "FDS" and therefore a legal entity within the business.

Snare

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

@ Splash ... that was my point, they say the appointment over all of his belongings is a future event now, not the inspection and selection in 1918/19

• Splash
    Splash

They occur at the same time. The inspection leads to the extra appointment.

The inspection and appointment are both future according to the new light.

Splash

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not quite.

They didn't dwell on it at the AGM and this came from some circulated notes, but the idea was thrown in that there is a parallel with the two temple cleansings/inspections in Jesus' day - one at the beginning of Jesus' ministry and one at the end. So likewise, in 1919 Jesus made his first appointment of the FDS over the domestics and then in the future (at the end), Jesus will make a second appointment over all his belongings.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's pointless to try to make sense of nonsense.

• Splash
    Splash

AnnOMaly has it right - I didn't explain it well.

To add to AnnOMaly's post:

in 1919 Jesus appoints a FDS to feed the household.

Still future, Jesus inspects the FDS. If they have been faithful etc, Jesus appoints the FDS over all his belongings.

Splash

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A lot of the new partakers believe they have a calling or prophetic mission.

Yep, people sense something is up in the org, so some think that Jah is going to work through them and they get these dellusional thoughts in their head. So they must be anointed and they reach for the cracker and the jesus juice.

They have their own take on new light and for every 'tard with a God mission, there's even bigger 'tards willing to follow. The GB knows this thats why they call THOSE anointed sick in the head, but the flavor of thier jesus juice is on the money.

It happens to any large corp. when things are in decline, people get skittish. They try to "help". Mgmt tries to get ahead of these "helper" with misinformation. It's a corporation doing what a corporation does

• heathen
    heathen

I thought The WTBTS dogma is that jesus took the 3.5 years of rutherfords incarceration to inspect all the churches and then appointed bible students to do the refining work until the light shines so bright and all the saints have run the course to the finish then he delivers the great crowd and destroys the worlds political system symbolized in daniel by the statue with the clay and iron feet there and so on

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

I am one of the ones that is very suspicious of the method chosen to announce this new light! To me, it does indeed feel like the GB wanted to release this new light into the community [slowly and not in a printed Watchtower] so that they could wait to see if there was a back-lash amoungst the rank and file. Of course, as so many have commented, most JWs aren't even aware of this new light. For those that are aware, they feel there's no issue with this change because it "makes sense" to them, as the GB has "acted" like the F&DS for decades. However, the devil is in the details and the GB has gotten themselves into a situation where the change brings MANY questions to the surface (esp. for those JWs who are old-timers or students of "JW history")! Also, Don Cameron has indeed published a book that is well worth reading/studying [Captives of a Concept], as he gets to the crux of critical questions that MOST [if not all] JWs NEVER considered in detail!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

joepublisher1: I am one of the ones that is very suspicious of the method chosen to announce this new light! To me, it does indeed feel like the GB wanted to release this new light into the community [slowly and not in a printed Watchtower]

I completely agree and actually think that they've chosen this controlled release on purpose. Think about it!

They've been directing people to go to the jw.org website for a while now. Those that have gone found out about the "New Light" before those that haven't. That's powerful. As humans, we all want to be "in the know." I know I do!

Those that have been lazy about regularly checking the website will feel left out as the news gradually gets disseminated by word of mouth. This is more of that powerful stuff. Due to the way JWs handle change, especially concerning their own doctrines, they will tend to doubt it when they first hear someone mention it. But then when they go on-line to confirm it for themselves it will also reinforce in their Pavlovian trained minds the importance of going to jw.org regularly and often.

When the "New Light" is announced at the DC, the speaker will no doubt say something along the lines of, "But those of you that have been regularly going to our jw.org website as instructed by 'the Faithful Slave' already know this!" And of course that will swell the heads of those that are already in the know and embarrass those that weren't. No one wants to be left out.

All of this effectively reinforces obedience and group think while simultaneously squashing any critical thinking skills or an independent mind.

Interestingly, the actual beliefs are unimportant. What matters is blind, unquestioning obedience to the leadership. It's all about manipulation and control.

In a way, it's genius. Evil and twisted, but genius nevertheless.

00DAD

(Comments previously posted on What will be the "New Light" at the 2013 DC)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit