Still Waiting For the Governing Body To Explain Their “New Light”

by Cameron_Don 66 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

If the Governing Body is the "faithful and discreet slave".........who exactly was that Slave until 1977 when the Governing Body was formed?

God these people are painfully ingnorant....its just embarrassing.

• undercover
    undercover

Let's face it, dubs - in general, are a lazy lot. They don't study the deeper things. Hell, they don't even read the Watchtower from cover to cover.

There may be a few, here and there, that fancy themselves as researchers, but all they do is research WT publications and accept whatever the WTS hands down. The rest of em, as many of us were a part of, just did enough to get by. Half ass studied the WT study article the night before, or even the morning of, if at all. Never studied all the material for the Ministry School or Service Meeting. Our favorite meeting was the public talk. No prepping. Just sit there and pretend to listen. Never prepped for field service. You'd flip through the pages of the mags on the way to the territory.

If the WTS changes a doctrine and introduces it with little to or no fanfare, it's only a matter of time before everyone is re-indoctrinated with the new light, never realizing the change was made right under their noses.

You'd think that a change as significant as this would create a little bit of buzz, but after a year or two, most dubs will be spouting the new doctrine as of it was this way since the days of Russell.

If over-lapping generations didn't jolt em awake, which affects more of them personally, this change, not affecting the vast majoritie's status or position, won't do nuthin'

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Exactly! people in the cong and even family keep saying 'when is it going to be on jw.org?' or 'I WANNA SEE IT IN A MAGAZINE'

somethings fishy in the GB club

• flipper
    flipper

WT Society is very good at digging themselves into a hole , then covering it over, then digging more holes and covering them over. I really think the GB are really moles from the animal kingdom with cult mind control aspirations and motivations. There are really no explanations they can logically provide because most everything they teach is a lie or fabrication to promote WT interests

• Weana
    Weana

Wouldn't that be a funny scenario:

GB decides by majority (5 of 7, = more than 2/3) to introduce some "new light" and to present that light at the annual meeting.

A few weeks after that decision (but still some days before that annual meeting), GB decides to appoint a new member to GB.

That new member (as well as two of the "old" members) is not convinced of the new light.

So the new light is presented at annual meeting, but there is no two-thirds-majority anymore (5 of 8, = less than 2/3) to publish new light in Watchtower.

Please do not buy into such a conspiracy theory. I am fully convinced that Jehovah's spirit would protect his church against such a mess.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

is Weana reffering to a Mark Sanderson?

• sir82
    sir82

LOL!

Or heck, even without the new guy, somebody on the GB changes his mind, and whammo - back to old light.

I wonder how many times that may have happened in years past.

I can think of at least one case - in 2001, they actually sent out new "blood cards" to the elders which indirectly permitted autologous blood transfusions, then a few weeks later, before they had been released to the congregation, requested they all be sent back. The standard old blood cards, allowing no transfusions of any kind, were sent in their place.

It was very apparent the change had passed with a slim margin and then someone flip-flopped it back.

Of course that was back in the "dark ages", there was no JW.org back then to give "previews" of new light.

For all we know it might have been happening 5 or 6 times a year.

Now though we've got JW.org. Maybe they got so caught up in trying out their new "toy" that they jumped the gun.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I still think the bigger issue is that Jesus did not inspect the org in 1918/19... that's a future thing. That's way bigger to me than the GB = FDS fiasco. If Jesus did NOT inspect the org in 1918/19, then the org could not be God's chosen organization (how could it be? the inspection hasn't happened yet) and whoever the FDS happens to be has zero authority other than giving out "their measure of food supplies at the proper time." (Luke 12:42) To me, this is a much bigger issue.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi Don; I think the light gets brighter & brighter until you're blinded by WT dogma and can't find the way out.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The only way I understand the reasoning behind their madness is that these are men who are not used to people questioning their wisdom. In fact, their knee-jerk reaction is to immediately brand anyone who questions them as an apostate or being spiritually weak. They say what they want with no thoughts of the possible consequences, much like a spoiled child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit