Still Waiting For the Governing Body To Explain Their “New Light”

by Cameron_Don 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

(Matt. 24:45-47) Therefore, even if we as individuals do not fully understand a certain position taken by the slave class....

This amounts to a self-confession, actually. The slave doesn't understand its own teaching! Which self-refutes their qualifications for being the slave in the first place!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Your book, "Captives of a Concept" was so instrumental in helping me leave the Watchtower Society. I will be forever grateful to you, Don, you are a hero.

I hope you write another one on the "new light."

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

There is a part of me that wonders how much of their own bullshit they believe. I honestly wonder if they came up with the new light......and then said "let's go ahead and make the announcement.......the holy spirit will direct the explanation later".

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Don't hold your breath ...

• Comatose
    Comatose

I spoke to two elders. No problems at all. They thought it made more sense. My wife swears she always thought that anyway... Go on your WT library's. whole articles explaining how all anointed are slave even though they don't all print literature. Then, boom. All changes and its no big deal.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My wife swears she always thought that anyway...

I hear this line and it just kills me. As if they are tooting their own hoen because somehow, holy spirit tooka detour from the GB and landed on this local yokel. Funny thing is, if it were true, they were apostates for leaping ahead of the congregation, and it counters a current teaching

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's crossed my mind that they've been waiting for feedback - either by personal communication from puzzled JWs or by snooping around internet forums. Once they know what JWs'/ex-JWs' biggest criticisms are, they can work on how to spin the study articles.

OMFG, you must have figured this out. They probably have some complicated article all set to go but decided to put this out there without fully explaining it so they can tweak what that article says.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"It's crossed my mind that they've been waiting for feedback - either by personal communication from puzzled JWs or by snooping around internet forums. Once they know what JWs'/ex-JWs' biggest criticisms are, they can work on how to spin the study articles." Annomaly

Valid points but when have they ever been worried about the crowd? We learned in COC and ISOCF their arguments are poorly done, using circular reasoning and "appealing to authority" they created themselves. Who has had a decent talk with anyone strongly attached to the Organization about the "new light'?

The diehards I talked with, bite into this without pondering or missing a beat! The common reply or theme is "we always knew the Watchtower is where the faithful slave resided, this new light makes more sense now." The same sentiment is echoed by a million more people who are afraid to ask how? Don know's from his book, how their mind is tangled up, the GB will add another floor to their building of cards and no questions are ever asked.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Perhaps it will not appear until the DCs this Summer? A range of talks, and then study articles in the WT based on these main talks, to be studied as usual around the turn of the year or early next year.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if they are getting more subtle, and will just slip it into articles as though it is a given, with no explanation, and let it slip in to the minds of JW's the way the R&F like it, without them having to think about it.

It is no great surprise this Noo Lite to most JDubs, most have been aware that the GB never consulted the rest of the Anointed about anything. An Elder told me years ago that he asked an Anointed relative of his about this, and she said they had never consulted since the 1920's !

So the GB are just telling it like it is, in the minds of JW's, and in reality.

Most JW's too, have seen the GB all their JW lives usurping the position of Jesus, so they are not surprised or troubled by this "revelation" at all.

The GB's arrogantly taking the place of Jesus was the real reason I walked away in the end, it is quite "disgusting in its filth" to use a NWT phrase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit