Not sure what to do next

by magotan 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hang in there. Be patient. The older you get you realize how hurried you were when younger. There is no rush. Get sick tomorrow and stay home this mid-week. Just go slow and be positive. You have a whole life ahead of you. Slow. I'm brand new here but I can tell you I'd go slow.

Dont ever disrespect yourself by dignifying stupid old concepts on sexuality. Be you, and be happy. Good luck.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Since I. Was already feeling guilty for my feelings and loss of faith.... I wish my avatar didn't resemble the devil.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

magotan - My family, honestly, is the only ones I'm concerned about. I don't want to hurt them. But I fear I will have to.

Hi magotan, You sound like an intelligent and good person. The WTBTS and its leaders are victimizing your parents and other JWs and you figured it out on your own. That is pretty damn impressive considering you were indoctrinated into the WTBTS as a child by your parents. You are not responsible for hurting your parents. Your parents are responsible for hurting themselves and not realizing that the WTBTS is a DANGEROUS CULT. Let me repeat, the WTBTS is a DANGEROUS CULT. If you are concerned about reducing your JW family's pain, read Steve Hassan's books that I have already written to you about.

Start living your life as you are guided by your sub-conscience, soul, internal compass, or the Holy Spirit (whatever you feel guides you) to do no harm to others. As a Christian, I believe that Our Father in Heaven would want you to live your life as taught by Jesus Christ and as you are guided by the Holy Spirit - not the WTBTS or other religious fanatics/legalistic pharisees.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• perfect1
    perfect1

Magotan I seriously wish I could just hang out with you. We would sort this out and you would be on your way to a fabulous, fearless, sex positive, homonormative life.

:)

YOUR LIFE CAN ONLY GET BETTER FROM HERE.

Once you embrace and love who you are, things will be be so much better than you can even imagine right now. Your parents opinion will be something you accept, but it wont matter to you the way it does now, because you will be FREE.

• flipper
    flipper

MAGOTAN- Please know and understand that you are a loving and kind human being that is experiencing prejudice from ignorant and stupidly uninformed people- Jehovah's Witnesses. We accept you as you are and it's nothing to be ashamed of. We embrace you as we do all new board members. I'm so sorry that you have experienced this horrid treatment from JW's and please know we are here as a support to you. I hope you are able to form some new non-Witness friendships with caring, loving people. A good start is coming here on this board ! So a big welcome to you my friend if I haven't said that yet ! Hang in there, we care

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It took me until I was 45 to figure out the things you have figured out at 19. Just keep doing what you are doing, get your education and live your life, those who would tell you what to do aren't you, and don't know what they are talking about. The dubbie view on homosexuality is one of the things that convinced me the WTBTS was full of It. It's not like you chose to be gay, although the WTBTS seems to think you do. It's like saying only blue eyed people can live in the new system, its completely arbitrary. Those who say you should live a celibate life aren't gay, they have a way to express their sexuality with out being condemned, you do not.

Well, You have figured all that out, it's just that you have a few years of cult mind control to overcome. Intellectually you know the WTBTS is just the opinion of a few old farts in Brooklyn, its just that it will take a few years to totally get rid of the feeling that you are doing something wrong, but you will. I hope you have a great life and find a wonderful guy to settle down with someday.

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

I thought I posted here but I guess I didn't? Crazy week so I am easily distracted. :)

From what I have read, you have been given some amazing advice already and hopefully you have felt the strength of the support that is being sent your way. There is NOTHING wrong with you, the problem goes to those who choose to judge you on something that is only one small part of who you are as a person. Being gay shouldn't have any more bearing than being straight, I don't have to tell you that it is ignorance that makes people think otherwise.

Best wishes to you and know that you are not alone.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Magotan - you are smart. You reason well. EVeryone has given great advice and I suspect you are very good at processing it. You are taking steps towards a desired outcome. Being gay is secondary, really. It's a non issue in the real world.

I was part of the cult and used to think gays were doing something wrong, too. EVeryone can change. Including your parents and family. Take the steps that are right for you, and the rest will come together.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Magotan - doll - you get total acceptance from me. I couldn't care less about your sexual orientation, I have so many gay friends and I love them to bits - they call me their fag hag.

I'm not too sure how old you are now, but you said you have a decent job and make decent money, perhaps it is time to move out - you're old enough to do that and make a life of your own. You will make new friends - I'm not going to lie, it's scary when you first leave because it's all you know, BUT you will make new friends and you'll have true friends then. Start off with people from work, invite them around to your new home and entertain, they may ask to bring a friend and before you know it....tadaaaa

I want you to be happy - you deserve it.

• gorgia
    gorgia

Magotan,

Everyone has posted such thoughtful, caring advice for you - so I shall only say, 'Welcome!'

x gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit