Not sure what to do next

by magotan 94 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

With regard to listening to the laws of the genocidal, infanticidal, jealous, wrathful, homophobic twatty god of the bible....

.....nowwhat?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Very interesting and positive thread. Nowwhat, were you joking?

Kid, (I'm old, I can call you "kid") you sound pretty smart to me. Don't let other people tell you how to live your life. You're the one who has to pay for the decisions you make, so make good decisions.

As for your father losing his position if you DA/leave, that's his problem. Let people solve their own problems. It leads to personal growth.

• magotan
    magotan

I now feel incredibly uncomfortable at our meetings, and I have realized that this place has no future for me. My entire being is hated, and the "friends" I do have don't give two shits about me. They either forget I exist, or they talk above me and ask why aren't I doing more for the faith. I feel like I'm treated like a child, none of my opinions have merit, none of my feelings are valid, and when I think about expressing a dissenting voice, it's called apostacy. The rules are abitrary and illogical, and paragraph 16 in the WT study actually disturbed me to the extreme.

My family, honestly, is the only ones I'm concerned about. I don't want to hurt them. But I fear I will have to.

• jgnat
    jgnat

eh, parents are made of tough stuff. If they are smart, they will recover quickly.

• Satanus
    Satanus

When you're on the path that is right for you, you don't have to 'fight it'. There are still challenges, but your life will flow.

Be ready for opportunities to present themselves. They will, if you stay focused and centered. You don't necesarily need to jump at the first one. Grab one that looks good.

S

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome and don't worry about what you are and what other people think. Be yourself, be happy, and be alive.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Ha! I knew it would come eventually."

Indeed, and you responded very effectively. By the way, did you ever read those accounts about David and Jonathan and figure out that there was a little something more going on between them?

"My family, honestly, is the only ones I'm concerned about. I don't want to hurt them. But I fear I will have to."

It's more a matter of them hurting themselves at the urging of a 19th century religio-publishing corporation that has somehow survived into this 21st century. Don't let fear keep you from living a better life. After all, with the bunny ears, shapely legs, and friendly wave, you deserve to find some real happiness and good friends.

• shamus100
    shamus100

OMG, why would anyone be upset with you because you're gay? It's 2013!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

magotan,

Beware of shamuses! They're fabulous and welcoming, but watch the teeth.

Whatever you do, don't tell him that you're a cowboy.

• wasblind
    wasblind

sorry dude, say what you will about the watchtower society,

Thanks, I will

but if you believe in the word of god there is no free pass or special circumstances.

Tell that to the Watchtower society about false prophecies

as you get older, many times those inclinations pass. fight it don'nt embrase it.

He ain't talkin' bout passin' gas, He's tellin' us who he is , not what you would like him to be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit