Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

By saying adaptation and evolution are not related you did.

Adaptation is a key driver of evolution. The illustration you gave was nothing to do evolutionary adaption, either you knew that or are ignorant of how evolution works. Either way you set a false premise.

So where is my "strawman"?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Now you lie. I never said that adaptation and evolution are not related. Here is a part of my statement:

"Therefore, evolution may be closely related to adaptation, but not the same." There is your strawman. I can't debate anymore when people lie about what I have said.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Your actual statement was

"The fact is that evolve and adapt is not the same. Whether evolucionist like this fact or not it is a fact."

• cantleave
    cantleave

That statement was not at all relavent to the discussion and we called you out on it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You still haven't shown how adaptaion isn't evolution.

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

Also your illustration was nothing to to do adaptation or evolution.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Satanus - I would say the adaptation is a driver for evolution but it is not evloution in itself.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aren't they different aspects, or different views of the same thing, ie one term is describing it as the driver, the other the result? Yet, both pointing at the same thing?

S

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So like it or not, your words "adjust" and "suit" after all is adapt.

How is evolution different from physiological adaptation?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The science of dogs is very interesting. If I am not mistaken, evolution is defined as adaptation over a period of time. Dogs seem to be able to adapt more quickly for some reason. It is fascinating. There are pro's and cons to interbreeding, like health issues. I just like a good o'l mutt. Mutts are pretty reliable and tough. Too much selective breeding is not good, you gotta mix it up a bit. When scientists get a dog to change into some completely other animal, some kind of dolphin maybe, then I will be really impressed. At least find me a doglolphin fossil...

I would also like to have my genomes altered like in " Bourne Legacy ". Why yes, I am drinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit