New Member...

by sosoconfused 73 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great to have another elder on board, it so reinforces how terribly they treat their own.

• Honesty
    Honesty

sosoconfused:

I have no choice but to stay for now, but it is actually hard to get motivated. Everyone of hte elders now treat me like a fragile piece of glass because I stepped aside. THe constant "is everything ok?" and "are you alright" is getting a little tired now.

I told one of them that I need a nice vacation to Beth Sarim and he was like, "yeah that would be nice". He had no clue

You are so cold.

I wish I had thought of saying that before I rejected God's prophets who are "prophets" in a sense and aren't literal prophets so they can't be confused with false prophets who are literal prophets who speak in God's name even though they keep telling JW's to listen to them just as they would listen to the voice of God.

WELCOME to where you can find out the truth about the truth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Beth Sarim! duh! hahahaha. I just got it! (A little slow on the uptake).

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for sharing your experience. I never thought of ones getting a free ride into paradise, while jws have to continually work hard to make it.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Welcome..

LOL

".. it wasn't the 40 year old men telling me they were looking at boobies on the computer and hoping not to get in trouble..."

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

This is a really good article that I first read albeit a little too late because we did the fast forward exit. It's titled How I Helped my Family to Leave Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe someone will make it clickable.

http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=392:how-i-helped-my-family-leave-jehovahs-witnesses&catid=48:restoring-family&Itemid=365

• ScenicViewer
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Welcome sosoconfused.

My guess is that there are lots and lots and lots more of current elders wanting to bail.

My guess is that there are equally as many elders' wives wanting to bail as well.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome! I'm a former elder as well and totally relate to this:

Everyone of hte elders now treat me like a fragile piece of glass because I stepped aside. The constant "is everything ok?" and "are you alright" is getting a little tired now.

Fortunately, my wife knows exactly how I feel and (in her words) has already "called off the dogs" for me at least once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit