New Member...

by sosoconfused 73 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Welcome.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I read CoC and I almost threw up from pain when he mentioned the part about thinking that they wanted us to be full-grown adults in the truth. Instead we are spiritual babes... I literally wanted to scream out in pain.

I remember while at Bethel my first Job was in 30 cleaning and I actually got to interact with most of the GB at the time because I picked up their garbage and I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the areas where they worked. (Mainly Sydlik / Barber / Barr) They were literally some of the coolest most down to earth people I ever met. I wanted to ask one of them that question so bad but I knew I would be struck dead instantly LOL.

ALthough I do think SYdlik would have had a rather interesting response, he seemed to be a loose canon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, sosoconfused. My wish for you is that you find a way to bring your family along with you in your ride to discovery. Not that they may come to the very same conclusions as you or that they find out the same way, but that they all come to a place of independent thinking. Might I suggest a family study night without the WT materials? Have a half-dozen questions ready, and discuss. All questions and thoughts will be respected.

An idea anyways.

I agree for your parent's sake to keep this revelation low key if you can. Maybe suggest to your mom that she switch to telephone witnessing?

• jgnat
    jgnat

OH, great thoughts by the way. All that theology does not jive with a just God, does it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome

• wasblind
    wasblind

There are quite a few newbies lately, If I missed anyone Welcome ,Welcome, Welcome

• Emery
    Emery

I also wanted to add that you remaining in the organization for your family is by no means a bad thing. Many here have sacrificied much to stay close to their families and friends when discovering TTATT. IMO its one of the greatest signs of love that should embarass the Watchtower Society.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I have no choice but to stay for now, but it is actually hard to get motivated. Everyone of hte elders now treat me like a fragile piece of glass because I stepped aside. THe constant "is everything ok?" and "are you alright" is getting a little tired now.

I told one of them that I need a nice vacation to Beth Sarim and he was like, "yeah that would be nice". He had no clue

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome. Best wishes. I am a former elder, relinquished the "privilege" to focus on my young children, took me nearly another decade to wake up.

Best wishes on your recovery.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, to kill the monotony, you might prepare some zingers for those elders in advance.

How about answering in the same hushed tones, hand on elder's arm, "I am fine. And how are you brother? Are you OK?"

or,

"I'm just peachy. Everything is coming up roses."

or,

"Never felt better. And you? How goes the daily grind?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit