Are we on the brink of another world war?

by slimboyfat 88 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

every cloud has a 5000 degree lining

lol Glander! :P

Yup, why worry about something over which I have NO control? And yeah, I would rather be vaporized than die a slow, lingering death from radiation poisoning, starvation, and/or all the other things that could take place during or in the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.

t

• soontobe
    soontobe

I'll take the slow lingering death. You live a little longer, and you get to learn about the aftermath before you go to the great reactor in the sky. That's highly educational. And besides, death isn't guaranteed in the near term, although on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We could all move to New Zealand and be safe!

• soontobe
    soontobe

Hobbits seem to like it there.

• talesin
    talesin

soontobe

Yeah, like I said ... no thanks. Um, the 'great reactor in the sky?' okey-dokey .... The education wouldn't do me much good, and I already know far too much about suffering. Enjoy!

I would like to go to NZ, though. Love my kiwis, I do! And they have penguins there, and dolphins, and stuff.

tal

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Some say the worldwide recession would be alleviated by another world war, and that the Depression in the 30s was resolved by the last one? Awful thought though.

Loz x

• soontobe
    soontobe
    Some say the worldwide recession would be alleviated by another world war, and that the Depression in the 30s was resolved by the last one? Awful thought though.

WW2 resolved nothing regarding the economic situation...unless you consider mountains of dead people something. War never creates a net increase in prosperity for the human family. Never. No major player benefitted from WW2 except the US, and that is only because every other power involved in the conflict basicaly put their balls on the block and chopped with a cleaver. The U.S. emerged as the last man standing thanks to the Atlantic and the Pacific.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Harold Macmillan’s famous declaration that “most of our people have never had it so good” came in July 1957 at a time when the country was riding high on the post-war economic boom.

Full employment combined with an unprecedented rise in consumerism meant millions of Britons saw their standard of living rise.

Mr Macmillan, who was speaking at a Tory rally in Bedford six months after becoming the Conservative Prime Minister, painted a rosy picture of the economy, which was benefiting from increased production in major industries such as coal and steel.

Wages, exports and investment were all up and compared to the austerity of the war years, his assessment rang true for many people across the land.

Mr Macmillan told Tory supporters: “Go around the country, go to the industrial towns, go to the farms and you will see a state of prosperity such as we have never had in my lifetime – nor indeed in the history of this country.”

Loz x

• heathen
    heathen

i think tho this the first time in history a country got trillions of dollars in debt , it's absurdly insane to even comprehend the incompetence involved . I think most of it went to the MIC to fight wars that really didn't threaten US sovereignty , If you believe 19 hijackers pulled off 911 in the manner the US gov. wants you to believe then I suppose you are just as disillusioned now as when in the ORG. True they said the world was going to end but that message was started by JC hiself , they keep sticking the foot in their mouth when it comes to promises, such as the generation of 1914 .

• steve2
    steve2
    We could all move to New Zealand and be safe!

If you do so, you might be relatively safer from military invasion, but I'd advise you to learn how to swim - or at least float - because rising sea levels will render a significant proportion of this small country of 2 volcanic, earthquake-prone islands under sea-level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit