Are we on the brink of another world war?

by slimboyfat 88 Replies latest social current

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Erbie states ..... Well, I guess that whichever way you look at it this old world is going

down the toilet really The reality or " The Truth " is that world is living in a state of worldwide peace,

prosperity and health much improved from the past.

This can be said and seen all over the earth's population . And thats the real Truth.

The reason the WTS publishing house has been propagating this for the length of time as it has,

was done so intensionally in trying to support their self developed doctrine that mankind is living

in the last days.

Fear and ignorance sells magazines in the same vein that a picture of atomic bomb going off on

the front cover of a Awake magazine does.

Truthfully then one can say the world is coming up out of the toilet rather than going down it

• steve2
    steve2
    Well, I guess that whichever way you look at it this old world is going down the toilet

Really? The resigned, sluggish JW mentality lords it over the evidence to the contrary.

Despite Europe enjoying its most sustained period of peace in hundreds of years? Despite international diplomacy forestalling global conflicts? Despite the growing emphasis on human rights, especially for ethnic and religious minorities, women and others? Despite the relative success in treating myriad diseases that once cut short the lives of children? Despite the increased life expectancy in many modern societies?

Next thing you'll be harking back to the so-called good old days when you had to be of a certain class and skin color and "role" to get any sort of quality of life and when significant chunks of the then human population had few if any rights. Who'd want to go back to Dickens London when the notion of going down the toilet was literally spot on?

• Glander
    Glander

However, if we do have nuclear war, I am happy that I live in a large military installation, and will be nuked in an instant.

tal

Now that is a great attitude! The glass is always half full...etc,

every cloud has a 5000 degree lining

• heathen
    heathen

i don't know how you can say the world is coming up out of the toilet , during the time of US existence it has been at war for over 200 years and now a war on terror that could last indefinitly . They are destroying our constitution and creating a survieled society , they have no answer for the tillions in debt that our pitiful politicians created and now expect joe six pack to pay back while they bail out the corrupt bankers bonuses and all .. gee things look real promising , I think the WT had it right about the world and it's being run by morally bankrupt idiots tho .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem is though the WTS. has been saying the world in its entirety, not just the political and economic environment

that has pervaded within the US recently.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Despite Europe enjoying its most sustained period of peace in hundreds of years?

Europe enjoyed an even longer period without a continent-wide war in the nineteenth century, starting from the end of the Napoleonic wars in 1815. That came to an abrupt end in 1914 of course. Which demonstrates the dismal truth about peaceful periods in human history, that they inevitably come to an end with a bang not a whimper.

• steve2
    steve2
    I think the WT had it right about the world and it's being run by morally bankrupt idiots tho .

When has it be any other way? I could mention the geonicidal warfare and the loathsome, morally bankrupt rulers who have plundered human civilization for thousands of years, including the genocide sanctioned by the "god" of the Old Testament. Sure, there has never been a time when every indication is positive; but equally, not every indication is negative. BTW, the Watchtower has not been right about the world because its singular message has been the end is imminent. That is more like a case of the little boy who cried wolf.

• moshe
    moshe
    I don't doubt there are idiots in Washington saying exactly the same thing! Scary.

Not to worry, the world is very afraid of our president, he's a tough guy--

• soontobe
    soontobe

The new Japanese government is more militaristic. Someone mentioned they have everything squared away and can have nuclear weapons on a very short time frame.

That said, the U.S. guarantees the territorial sovereignty of Japan, which includes the Senkaku islands by treaty. The U.S. previously administered them as an outcome of WW2, and then formally gave them back to Japan through the Okinawa Reversion Treaty. Japan had annexed the islands back in 1895.

China does have a surplus Russian air craft carrier - with diesel engines.

Which they are still trying to figure out how to make work as a weapon platform.

Either way, the Japanese islands are themselves like an aircraft carrier, and a single Chinese carrier wouldn't live long in the East China sea or the sea of Japan if it came down to a hot war.

Plus the Taiwanese and the Filipinos aren't too comfy with the way China's been behaving lately either.

• mind blown
    mind blown

qoute from jookbeard "China would be crazy to start a war with Japan and the USA, they are owed too much money!"

And they make alot of money from the US too. But it seems like the US is getting hip to Made in America once again.....so who knows......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit