The "Pop-In"

by Mr. Falcon 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• paladin
    paladin

Phizzy LOL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think you know the jist of the responses here Mr Falcon, but the very first thing I'd be doing to this jerk would be calling him at a ridiculously early or late time and make it clear that under no circumstances whatsoever never ever drop in uninvited agian till the day you are physically unable to.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Oh yes......the JW elder pop in. Designed to (1) have a captive at home audience, (2) re-enforce the authority of the elders, (3) catch you in the act of some JW sin, or give them an opportunity to look around your yard or house for something WTS questionable, (4) slim chance a person is actually encouraged by this elder pop in visit.

What a creepy bat-shit crazy cult.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah yes, uninvited visits. When I started missing meetings in one congregation, Brother Overfriendly (an elder) would stop by while out in service (which I guess means the whole car group knew I was a subject of concern, thanks) and come up to my door with another elder and ring the bell and bang on the door. When I didn't answer, he would walk around to my back door and bang on that too, calling out my name loudly.

The guy was a real mental case. Absolutely no self-awareness. The kind that thinks he can make friends with you in service by peppering you with personal questions, constantly greeting you loudly at the Hall and slapping your shoulder roughly, etc.

I just made up my mind that no matter how many times he did a "pop in", I didn't have to answer the door, and if he asked me about it later, I would offer no explanation, just saying something like, "Oh, you came by? I must have been unable to get to the door", or "Maybe I was out" (despite the fact that my car was in the driveway). Basically, I would try to out-stupid him, although I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to beat him at that game.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Dig it, jook. I'm gonna have to get upfront and serious with these guys or they will never leave me alone.

or give them an opportunity to look around your yard or house for something WTS questionable,

actually, Think About It, I was rocking a goatee. will that suffice as "wrong-doing"?

Apognophus - that is gold! All loud and yelling at your door. Outrageous and totally clueless that that kind of behaviour is inappropriate.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Too funny, Phizzy!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

PMSL Apog, isn't it great thinking of the most stupid excuses, like my dog must have eat it! I would have said I just taken up "power walking"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Given they have no concept of social norms it's not surprising. They think they are entitled to know what's in your head and what you do in your bed, really popping in unannounced is nothing in comparison.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow. I know I'd be pretty mad if they interrupted my 'Futurama' viewing, too. Was it a new episode? I need to catch up, last one I saw was that 'Yo Leela Leela' episode.

They did the 'pop-in' on me, when was that, September of '11? Guess they didn't need to last year since they popped in on me as I was picking up the family in front of the KH. They're nothing if not annoyingly repetitive. Just shrug it off. Tell them to bite your shiny apostate a--!

--sd-7

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm gonna have to get upfront and serious with these guys or they will never leave me alone.

Over time once they don't see you at the Kingdom Hall, they will eventually leave you alone.

Its in the nature of how JWS are programed to reach out to people who suddenly stop attending.

After 3 or 4 years of them not seeing you there, they tend to leave you alone and recognize that your simply not interested.

Of course there is the other issue of wanting to know if baptized ones, should they publicly announced as DFed.

This is where the exuberance of power plays into the minds of most elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit