JEHOVAH NEEDS YOUR MONEY FOR 2014!!!!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• magotan
    magotan

I thought I was the only one who this didn't sit well with.

I'm still appalled and shocked about the Credit/Debit card donations now setup at assemblies and conventions.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Doesn't Matthew 6:33 apply to them also?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I could care less if they need a dime per publisher, when the Organization starts caring about the rank and file members, maybe we could throw two-bits at them. The circuit overseers are hammering members for donations to cover all the costs associated with running a top notch Organization. I thought you all were kidding on the begging part until I heard a talk, they are desperate for cash right now.

You get what you pay for, maybe if they start adding some value into the Meetings instead of the same old trash, they would get more donations! "If there is a overage, they will use it to pay down Candance Conti's lawsuit or a private settlement" What has "The World Wide Work" done for anyone in their time of need, this Organization does not give a horses butt about anyone but their people at the top.

Tell the missionaries to get a job!

Why are they surprised of a dollar shortfall when education and jobs requiring overtime are frowned upon by the Marshalls of Mayhem? Colonel Klink and Sargent Shultz are rushing through Congregation Camp asking for money from their POWs. I knew of Pioneers who never donated because their time was more valuable than money, others with limited incomes or fixed incomes were too strapped for cash to attend the District Assemblies without assistance from the Kingdom Hall opperating fund. Why do their members acted surprised the majority of the dubs are broke?

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...At the the Convention there would be lots of "experiences" from grateful missionaries..."
    BluesBrother

Grateful missionaries. They deserve out support. Please, help.

Scott77

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Awww.... the sad faces of virginity.^^^

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Scott, are those JWs or Mormons with the badges?

Has anyone had the experience of knowing any of the missionaries accepted into Gilead of the past? I knew a few who were so arrogant and pious, the title and affirmation of being picked by the Slave allowed them to treat others like dungg. Not all are bad, some were kind but the majority I knew, were superfine apostles who hinted around "we could use some cash sent our way in Peru, Columbia or Argentina".

They did this in the 1990s if I recall correctly, brought the Missionaires out of the Field to provide upbuilding parts at all the District Conventions. They asked for donations to cover the expenses, the WTS "fronted the Missionaries the loot" and the congos were expected to pay off the loan sharks from New York.

Were the Missionary members you knew good people, humble and kind or arses?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Those definitely aren't JW missionaries. Way too young.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

THe guy that's second from the left in front, I have a feeling that he knew full well what kind of face he was making for the camera. If he's not on this board already he will be very soon

• label licker
    label licker

Before we left, we had an elder who always made sure there was a white envelope on the literature counter for when his missionary friends came (every two years). I picked it up one evening and asked if someone had lost their envelope for it was thick with money and my husband said it was for the congregation to put money in it for the missionaries that were visiting. The elder was a fill-in circuit overseer who told me it was to help them out when they are here even though they stay at their parents and friends places. At pioneer school the circuit overseer told us not to be a burden to anyone for we chose this career and it's up to us to take care of ourselves and to always pay our own way. Yet, whenever they came to our hall they would get gifts and little white envelopes thrown at them.

I remember a couple from our pioneer class who became missionaries right after that were telling us how they live extremely well. They have their own well while the village still has to go a long walking ways to fetch their water. They have all their food flown in for there's noway they could eat what the locals ate which was mush. They were warned by society to never let the locals see how they really lived so none of them were allowed up in their rooms to see their dishwashers, washer and dryers, airconditioners ect,,, They even said how bad they felt when the local brothers and sisters had gone weeks without water and they couldn't share any of theirs with them. That made me sick! And the society wants the publishers to pay for them to go to an assembly??????It's just another money grab!

• prologos
    prologos

AdeA your comments are true. Many of these people developped a sense of entitlement. they were complaining when not receiving first class treatment or travel. vows of poverty? they live better than most publishers. Preaching is supposed be the ticket to salvation? how about getting paid for it? rewards already? of course there are needy cases, like missionaries from 3rd world countries. But most citizens of the developed world are entitled to their old age pensions, benefits, since they by virtue of belonging to "the order---" maintain their homeland adress, and status. But the 15 cents get everyone involved and feel good.

point is these are the true warriors and benefitiaries of the ORG.-- working just as hard as any that put in their best time and do honest work to boot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit