JEHOVAH NEEDS YOUR MONEY FOR 2014!!!!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

it is deemed "inappropriate" to privately subsidize a trip for a missionary relative or close friend?!?!? i see where going around asking for $$$ for a particular person is pretty crass, but if a person prefers to directly assist someone - what's the matter with that?!?

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ MOSHE

Give me a ticket for an Aeroplane. Ain't got time to take a fast train

Lonely days are gon' , I'ma goin' home

Cuz Bethel done wrote me a letter _______The Box Tops

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stopping contributing was the very first thing I did too when I found out it wasn't the truth. That was back in 2001. This can't just be a Scottish response.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'm pretty sure Just Ron quit putting money in the contribution box long before we quit attending. I take care of all the bills, but I would write a check for cash to cover the donation and household incidentals each payday. I didn't like putting a check in the box because I didn't want anyone to know exactly how much we were contributing - didn't want to be a show off. I'm glad now that he kept the cash.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tiki,

I believe the letter was just saying that dubs should not go around hounding others for money. If you wanted to help someone that was fine, just don't bother people for money.

I was thinking that perhaps a new theocratic arrangement would do the WTBTS some good. Require all who want to be considered active publishers to purchase a rolly-cart for thier " personal ministry ". Then every congregation would have a list of who was loyally supporting the arrangement. A list could also be kept of who is getting what literature for the rolly-cart, and if they are contributing. Regular announcements could be made so the friends can remember what a blessing the rolly-cart ministry is, especially with the hours for auxillary pioneering getting lowered. Don't you agree that the Slave is truly blessing us with this adjusted arrangement? ( KH clapping..)

So if you refuse to purchase a rolly-cart and literature then the CO and BOE will know that you are a loose cannon. You will be on the black list. Then you will recieve some " shepherding ". Purchasing a rolly-cart means that you are in the spiritual ARK, and marked for survival.

GOOD!!! undefined

BAD!!! undefined

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I quit donating a long time before I left. Don't know what the ex did. He was pretty tight.

• hoser
    hoser

The rolly cart has some small wheels. I wonder how well that will roll in 2 feet of snow when it is 30 below and the wind is blowing

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is an idea:

undefined This way you can be patched into the annual meetings.

• undercover
    undercover

.15 x 7,000,000 is over a million dollars. How many months do they need to do this? What is the payout on the lawsuit in California?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Undercover, I will have to look at the letter. I am a little suprised that it has not been posted here yet. It was suggested that 15 cents per publisher for a number of months would cover it. So maybe the Elders will meet, and come up with a dollar amount based on that. Then of course the resolution will be passed without question.. Knowing the exact time frime would help. I just did not have a pen and forgot the time period mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit