JEHOVAH NEEDS YOUR MONEY FOR 2014!!!!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Copy of the letter would be great

• undercover
    undercover

When I first read the initial post, I immediately started doing the math.

But - back when I was still in, at the height of my indoctrination, and those type letters were read, I never did that. Fifteen cents a month. I can afford that, heck, I can afford a dollar in case some poorer brother or sister can't. It seemed so small, but pennies add up, and if they needed a few bucks to help missionaries or special pioneers, surely we could all help out.

Now though, knowing that they're getting hit for a huge payout on a lawsuit, with more to come I'm sure, they need money. And a story that they need it so missionaries can get home for the conventions. Bullshit. 1. That should be part of normal operating expenses. They do it at every international convention. 2. Several million dollars to just fly people around? And that's all it will be. They'll expect families and local congregations to pick up the rest - housing, food, local travel. 3. and most important. The WTS doesn't give a rat's ass about individuals, be they missionaries, or plain old publishers. Everything they do - EVERYTHING - is about the organization and it's survival, not the followers. The expense of covering missionary travel expenses is a ruse. They need a quick infusion of cash, and this is how to further fleece the flock, and let them feel good about it as well.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sure....times are hard alright !

Oldies will remember that this has been done before. A "Missionary Fund Box" was placed next to the contrib. box in the year preceding big conventions back in the day. At the the Convention there would be lots of "experiences" from grateful missionaries.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Data Dog - You beat me to it. I was going to start this topic too. It was read in my congregration yesterday, also. I was amazed that they needed a "special" fund to cover this cost - especially with the multimillion dollar property sales.

Some highlights for me (from memory):

"You are allowed to personally help a missionary" -Wow, thanks. Good to know I have permission to give my money to someone else, if I choose.

"The missionary whom you have helped, will be able to draw down less money from the fund" - So, you missionaries, fess up on any help you received.

In all, it felt like extortion. These people aren't coming home unless you pay up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everything looks More Important with Wheels..

Lets put Wheels on WatchTowers!!.. I hate that Effin Dog!..

undefined

.................... mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Stopping contributing was the very first thing I did too when I found out it wasn't the truth. That was back in 2001. This can't just be a Scottish response.

Nope. It was also this American Irish lass's response too! ; ) I quit contributing about 18 months before I left.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

They should create an adopt a missionary program....for just a few cents a day you can make sure the missionary you sponsor will receive a hot meal each day and a first class ticket back home to attend the convention in their home town (or town of their choice). They could periodically send you photos of the missionary you are sponsoring and everything.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWinprotest, LOL!!! Here is one now!

undefined

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah it's pretty dumb they gotta beg for money, but this is also nothing new. They've always done this every few years to 'bring the missionaries' home. It's a pretty good gig though. The witnesses pay for your flight, hotel (nicest one available), per diem for food, funny money, plus whatever green handshakes you get from your family and friends you see at the convention.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So how much are the GB members donating to help cover the costs of missionary travel to their homeland?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit