.....It is painful to watch...

by OnTheWayOut 53 Replies latest jw friends

• chicken little
    chicken little

What a fine, loving and realistic brother you are for your sister. Sadly the ones that receive the most love and help can at times be so blind to who really are there to stand by them. The only comfort is that you and your wife, mum etc know that you are doing your best with only good intentions.

Love

Chicken Little

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Your a good brother. (((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) for you and your sister.

Just Lois

• besty
    besty

stick in there bro!

• smiddy
    smiddy

OTWO , shit man I really feel for you ,your sister has a real gem in a brother who cares for her as you do ,I honestly do not know what else I can say except ,if your able, keep on doing what you do .

smiddy

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

You are a good brother. So much stuff going on here man. Just do what you know you need to do. You have her best interest in mind.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

You are indeed a good brother, OTWO. Like others, I have been in this kind of situation with my mother and another family member.

You are a star.

When I read the bit where you said what was. Really eating you was IF her husband had allowed you to help all those years ago, I thought to myself, no, don't go into What If's...nothing is ever gained from what if's.

But in fact, you then go on to explain just how trickily subtle the problems are, with the way your totally well-intentioned actions could be misinterpreted and made to look bad. I've been in situations like that too, where finding the correct way through an ethical maze where it all matters and one's heart is involved is so complex that it's impossible to find a clear cut right answer.

All you can do is to keep on keeping on trying to the best you can in a most unideal situation.

Thanks so much for sharing it here. I hope venting helped, too.

• carla
    carla

What a loving brother you are!

I know you may have reservations about this but if she truly needs some therapy maybe you would consider a church? Some have trained (college trained) therapists on staff and will not necessarily go all religious on you. Just a thought, might be worth a few calls.

ps- don't forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everybody else.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, you've certainly got a difficult situation to deal with.

Hang in there.

00DAD

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ditto all the above. You are indeed a good brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit