I've made an appointment to see the head teacher about God and creation

by not bitter 76 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Cofty - I think it is obvious that we are getting nowhere fast with Mr. Ravens.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james: how would you like it if your kid went to school and they only served tuna,and you couldnt mention catfish?

• cofty
    cofty

JamesW - Unstop has started reading The Greatest Show on Earth. That's more than most creationists are prepared to do but I'm not holding my breath for a breakthrough any time soon.

Unstop - until you study evolution you can't really comment can you?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Tuna would not kill the kid, Ravens. I could feed him catfish at home. I WOULD object if they tried to teach him to always eat tuna on fridays for religious reasons.

That is actually much more relevant to this topic of discussion than you might think at first - it goes directly to the point.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james: i agree and i said its fine to teach evoultion,but you should be able to teach god.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Which god, Ravens? What if the school teacher was an Islamic Fundamentalist?

• cofty
    cofty
    you should be able to teach god - unstop

We send children to school to be educated not indoctrinated with other people's superstitions.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james easy, present what each group believes, including evolution, the school would not have to present any as fact, but give the facts of ppl believe.

• watson
    watson

Schools should teach how to think, not what to think.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: ohh the same fantasty you believed for nine years? lol your funny dude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit