I've made an appointment to see the head teacher about God and creation

by not bitter 76 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james: let me be more clear, i have nothing in common with rcc lol im talking about in school,say a parent believes in god they may not want thier kid to here about evolution, same as if a parent is a non believer they may not want their kid to here about god,my point is if god is not allowed in school, than neither should evoultion. cofty: im reading the book,but by no means is my faith in god weening.

• tec
    tec

As well, if you are really upset about it, then your little one might get worried too. She might be afraid to talk about it at all. She might conclude that this is a bad subject.

I'm not saying that is the case or that you are not calm. Just thought it worth mentioning.

Peace,

tammy

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ravens - you are missing a fundamental point here:

Evolution is science, not religion.

Religion should be taught in church - not the school system.

• cofty
    cofty
    they may not want thier kid to here about evolution - unstop

Then they need to get an education before they impose their stupidity on the next generation.

• tec
    tec

Some parents might feel better if a portion of science classes (like a sub-chapter) taught how the scientific method truly works (pros and cons); how science progresses as new evidence presents itself... and also teaches that this is where the evidence that we have gathered has lead us today.

No one could object to that, imo. Kids are taught to think and examine for themselves.

(some teachers might teach like that, but some also teach as though something is the end all/know all... so if it was part of the curriculem, that would help to clear that up)

Peace,

tammy

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ravens, are you also against the school system teaching the scientific evidence for the age of the earth, the solar system, and the universe?

Surely you are not going to tell us that you want the public schools to teach that the earth was created in seven literal days - or that mankind has only existed for about 6,000 years?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: stupid ahh? i see thanks its nice to know what your think of ppl

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james: me personally? it does not matter to me what is taught ,however if it is unlawfull to mention god than its not fair to teach evoultion without being able to mention god

• cofty
    cofty

its not fair to teach evoultion without being able to mention god - unstop

Why not?

Evolution is a fact. Its not a current understanding that might change in the future any more than we might one day discover the earth is flat.

Why would any parent object to their child being taught a scientific fact?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

you see it a fact and i see god as fact,there are ppl who see both as fact and some who only except one as fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit