I've made an appointment to see the head teacher about God and creation

by not bitter 76 Replies latest jw friends

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so you started to doubt god around the time she was born? i remember seeing my son born,and it was so awesome ,to me its hard to see the whole life process and imagine not believing in a creator!

• cofty
    cofty

That's because you still know nothing about evolution unstop.

How it the book coming on?

I think jgnat is probably right but its still no excuse for a teacher to abuse her position to preach at 6 year olds

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am rather surprised that this is not against the school rules in the U.K. - if not actually against the law.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: its good i dont want to make a thread till im ready,i was going to do alot more last weekend, but ill be honest it was all playoffs for me! so im get back to it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

james woods heres my postion if ppl dont want there kids to here bout god,than dont teach them evolution,none of it should be in schools than,its not fair to teach one side than make the other side unlawful.

• tec
    tec

I think jgnat is right as well... and I also agree with Cofty. I think you have every right to talk to the school about your concerns. Then you can go from there. Discussion does not have to be confrontational.

At the same time... it has been my experience more often than not, that the school protects its own... first.

Make sure you know your rights before proceeding.

Kids believe their teachers over their parents for only a little while. Then they believe their friends over any adult, lol. Then they start to form what they believe, themselves.

Peace,

tammy

• gone for good
    gone for good

Hello not bitter -

No need to worry or intervene at all.

Your little one is having a wonderful time with her imagination- the greatest teaching aid EVER.

Soon she'll race back to you with the news that '..some people don't believe in god!!' - more things that need to be imagined upon.

Keep her path to your ears always open -she's already lucky to have a mom who cares so much.

• cofty
    cofty
    if ppl dont want there kids to here bout god,than dont teach them evolution,none of it should be in schools than,its not fair to teach one side - unstop

There is no other side.

Creationism is anti-scientific religious nonsense.

Evolution is as well established as a scientific fact as physics or chemistry.

The only reason you think there is a controversy is because you are still willfully ignorant - well done on starting to put that right.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some of the information your daughter has picked up could be from a friend or a discussion in class where the children would not let the teacher off the hook. I remember a Sunday School class where the discussion veered to heaven then death, and a grandma's death, a pet's death and BOY I was over my head fast!

Like I say, children are sponges and what your daughter came home with may or may not have come from the teacher.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james woods heres my postion if ppl dont want there kids to here bout god,than dont teach them evolution,none of it should be in schools than,its not fair to teach one side than make the other side unlawful.

That is not very different from the medieval attitude of the Catholic Church that nobody should teach the obvious fact that the sun is the center of the solar system.

Evolution is quite simply a scientific fact - and has nothing to do with the teaching or non-teaching of religion.

No more than whether or not the Earth is the center of the Universe has anything to do with religion.

Can you imagine how badly educated a high school graduate in today's society would be if they had never been taught about evolution and natural selection?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit