The "Tree of Life and its meaning"

by EdenOne 169 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Hi all.

Just letting know that I've published a new article on my website, titled "The Tree of Life and its Meaning".

You're welcome to visit, read and discuss it.

Eden

• zeb
    zeb

your web site ..is..

• designs
    designs

Eden one- Have you been in contact with Greg Stafford.

In Judaism the 'Tree Of Life' are the wooden pieces the Torah is rolled up with.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

zeb,

if you click on the title of the article, it has a link that leads you directly to the link. In any case, the website is www.cfjp.weebly.com Look under "articles".

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

designs,

Interesting comment. Never heard of that before. Thank you.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty

EdenOne - If god created Adam & Eve he was responsible for both their DNA, their education and their environment. He had complete control of their nature and their nurture.

Why were they fail the first test they faced so spectacularly?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Do you not see this as allegory?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Bad parenting Cofty?

• cofty
    cofty
    Bad parenting Cofty?

Sounds like neglect to me.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

cantleave,

That's a tough question for Christians. And the answer has to be "It was a real event". Otherwise, the whole notion of redemption from sin wouldn't really make much sense. Plus Jesus spoke of Adam as a real character. I believe that there must be a way that science and the Bible can be reconciled, but I don't have all the answers.

cofty

Adam and Eve simply made a mediocre use of their ability to make moral choices. As that old knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade said "he has chosen poorly". I know that for you, currently being an atheist, this answer may not suffice. But you have to admit that even in the best families some kids go awfully wrong, and it has nothing to do with parenting or genetics.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit