The "Tree of Life and its meaning"

by EdenOne 169 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Self-righteousness has nothing to do with it, Eden - I am simply pointing out why I disagree with your religious approach here.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

James Woods, I can understand that you disagree with or challenge the ideas that I defend. I can't understand that you feel entitled to disrespect me as an individual.

Eden

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I disrespect is the hypocrisy of preaching this stuff here while at the same time pretending to be a JW in good standing.

Sorry, but it really is just that simple.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

In that case I would question the hypocrisy of you being a member of a forum that deceptively calls itself after the name of the Jehovah's Witnesses without qualifying it as a predominantly anti-Jehova's Witnesses and anti-WTS, thus purposedly leading in error the less informed Witnesses that inadvertently come to this site thinking it's a "legit", friendly one. But I bet that hypocrisy is OK in your book, right?

Eden

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest (Shelby?), thank you for your challenge.

Good morning, dear EO, and again, peace to you! Since your OP does invite discussion, sure, let's continue. Please know that my post wasn't a challenge, though - I simply shared the truth with you. I most probably should have just refuted your article (which I will do in a minute), but I was directed to try the "easier" (for you) route, first.

Naturally, I disagree with you.

Naturally, but it isn't me you've disagreed with. I mean, I didn't make the verses up, nor designate who that Tree truly is. I just shared the information, whether you can receive it or not. You have a choice, always, so all I can do it put it out there. It's up to YOU as to what to do with it: receive or reject. No worries at ALL from ME as to your choice.

While Jesus is most definetively involved in the "reward" for the believers, the trees in Eden weren't metaphorical, although they were of a symbolic significance.

They are indeed, metaphorical, as well as symbolic, as well as literal, dear one. The metaphor is that we must eat from a "tree" in order to live... forever. That's why Adham/Eve were blocked from getting back to that "Tree." The symbolism is my Lord AS a Tree... a vine/root... which is holy... and thus its branches, Israel and the nations... being holy, as well. It is literal... because he IS that Tree: it is only by eating from him, HIS leaves (which is his flesh, the "manna" from heaven)... that one can be cured... in body AND spirit... so as TO live forever. Truly, there is NO other Way. (John 6:51-53).

As I'm sure it didn't escape your analisys, the conclusions I drew are quite a departure from the current teachings of the WTS, because I'm upholding the notion of a heavenly reward for ALL Christians - something that was discarded by the WTS in 1935

Yes, but that is merely a current departure - just as they left it, they will return to it at some point. You simply went back to their pre-Rutherford teachings, which they will, too. They'll need to, because as folks start waking up they're going to see that the current divisive two hope theory is false. Eventually, ALL will wake and see the need to partake; unfortunately, it will be too late for those "foolish" virgins...

- and at the same time, harmonizing it with the notion of a future paradise on earth that will be inhabited forever by righteous humans.

Which is true, yes. However, that doesn't negate your error as to what... rather, WHO... the Tree of Life is.

And where do you read that I claim to have been "anointed"?

I didn't read you claiming such, dear one. You imply it... by implying you "know." I mean, HOW do you know... how CAN you... WITHOUT having received the promised holy spirit, that which leads into ALL truth? If you want us to believe what you shared is the TRUTH... then you certainly must also want us to believe you received it FROM the Truth... and by means of the SPIRIT of truth? Yes? Which is the anointing, that receipt of holy spirit, the spirit of truth. Otherwise, you have no choice but to assume you a FALSE "christ" (anointed), yes?

But I did not go there. Rather, I approached you as to "expound the way of God more accurately" TO you... as dear Priscilla and Aquila did to Apollos, a man "aglow with the spirit," yet not having all of his facts straight.

But so that you don't think I didn't fully read your commentary, let's take a look. You have a lot to share, so there's a lot to comment on. Which is why this is the "harder" way, but:

In the Garden of Eden, Jehovah God employed two trees for symbolic purposes. They were the “tree of the knowledge of good and bad” and the “tree of life”Genesis 2:9, 16, 17; 3:1-24

The truth is that the purposes were metaphoric, symbolic, and literal. But I can go with this for now because I will explain the others in a bit.

The “tree of the knowledge of good and bad” was a symbol of God’s exclusive right to determine, or set the standards of what is “good” (approved by God), and what is “bad” (condemned by God). It was therefore a passive test of man’s respect for the unique position of his Creator and his willingness to remain within the moral boundaries that God has set for man.

This is an error... and a WTBTS teaching (as well as that of some other religions). Just like the Tree of Life, from which Adham/Eve COULD and DID eat (Genesis 1:29; 3:1-3), they WOULD have been able to eat from this tree as well, at some point. They simply were not “ready” to do so. How do we know this? Because, once in the flesh, Christ ate from that tree. To know this, one has to understand what THAT tree was. I don’t think you do.

These boundaries would by no means be intolerable restrictions imposed on man’s freedom, in the sense that they would not undercut the optimum enjoyment of life by the human beings; However, breaching these boundaries would constitute a revolt against God’s domain and authority over his Creation.

No, sorry. And this is another WTBTS teaching.

To deliberatedly approach this tree and eat from its fruit against Jehovah’s explicit orders, and despite a clear forewarning of its lethal consequences was therefore a symbolic act of rebellion against God’s sovereignity.

Another error... and WTBTS teaching. So, let’s now discuss what that tree was, what it represented, why Adham/Eve even wanted to eat from it... and why they were told not to:

The Tree was a means by which man could know good... life... AND bad... death. They already knew good (life)... but they didn’t know bad (they had never died). What was held out to them was two things:

1. Having their eyes opened; and

2. Eating... but not dying.

Why was this important to them? Because (1) they wanted to know ALL truth; and (2) they wanted to be able to “know” death... and yet live. These were the ONLY ways in which they were NOT “like” God – in all OTHER ways they had been created in His image and so WERE “like” Him. But they didn’t know all truth (have their eyes “opened”) and they didn’t have a knowledge of death... KNOW it... while yet living. God, however, did.

What God KNEW, however, is that their flesh had not yet been brought to the point were (1) it could “bear” all truth (including the truth of death), and (2) taste death and yet live. He KNEW that if they ate from the tree what they would SEE would be unbearable for them (and it was, which is why they hid) AND that they would remain dead (NOT know death AND still live). So, out of LOVE for them, He warned them NOT to eat of that tree.

Unfortunately, Eve couldn’t keep her desire for the fruit of that tree hidden from one who intended to exploit that desire... entice it out and bring birth to her sin. And so, she was deceived by that one into doing just that, having her desire drawn out so that she sinned. Her sin wasn’t disobedience, though – it was coveted and taking something THAT DID NOT BELONG TO HER:

1. Fruit of a tree that wasn’t hers to take from; and

2. The RIGHT to live... although having died.

Both belonged to someone else: JAH Himself... and the one whom He had given authority TO... the entity known as Death/Destruction/The Destroyer/Abaddon/Apollyon. The first always had authority; the latter was given authority... by the One who had authority over HIM: the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

Adham, though, proved even worse: not only did he take something that didn’t belong to him, but he:

1. Did so knowingly and purposefully, because

2. To he wanted the AUTHORITY of that one (Death), to eat and know bad, yet LIVE; and so

3. He sold his own flesh... his wife and progeny... in exchange for that “authority.”

Unlike the “last Adham,” who gave HIS life on behalf of his “wife”, the Body of Christ, Adham first threw his wife, the one who was of HIS body... under the bus. Having not yet sinned, HE could have asked for forgiveness for HER... as Christ, who was without sin, asks forgiveness for those of HIS Bride. Even better, he could have shown his LOVE for her... by doing what Christ did for HIS Bride: give HIMSELF. At ANY time Adham could have said, “Take me to pay for this error, not her.” But... his selfishness prevailed. Instead, he first blamed her, then blamed God for giving her (that defective unit!) TO him.

Never did he take any responsibility for his OWN action. Which has been a trait of his progeny, and particularly Israel, EVER since.

But it was worse becausenot only did he throw his own flesh (his wife) under the bus, showing that he did NOT love her as he loved is own body (UNLIKE Christ... who loves his Body as he loves his OWN flesh)... but he had already SOLD their children TO Death... in exchange for the AUTHORITY (over death) that he wanted! You see, in order for Death to give Adham the authority to die... but not STAY dead... Death wanted something IN RETURN: life. Adham wanted the KEYS... “to death and Hades”. Well, those keys weren’t just for free: they came with a PRICE... that Adham was willing to give – his progeny. And so, he SOLD us (his progeny) TO Death... in exchange for the KEYS... TO death/Hades – the World of the Dead.

Unfortunately, although he had been promised dominion over death and the World of the Dead, the entity called Death/Destruction/the Destroyer, etc., didn’t have authority over the KEYS to that realm – only the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, did. And so, He was able to usurp Death’s agreement with Adham! Which is why Adham, who was NOT deceived... DID die... and has stayed dead!

Those keys, however, WERE ultimately given to someone else, Adham’s brother: the OTHER Son of God, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the CHOSEN One (to RECEIVE those keys) of JAH – MischaJah. They were GIVEN to him... because he didn’t try to STEAL them... or sell out his own flesh to OBTAIN them. And as a result, althought THAT One died... and even went to the World of the Dead/Hades... he was not KEPT there; he used the “keys”... to bring himself BACK. Resurrect himself FROM that place!

And once Adham ate, yes, his eyes were “opened”... but only so that he could see his OWN “nakedness”... or unsightliness (and so, had to be given a long garment of skin to COVER that “ugliness”), which he could not bear... but that was ALL he could see – from that point, he began to go “blind” (which is why his progeny is blind!). And... he became dead... so that his body began to die... a process which he could NOT stop! Nor, once he returned to the place from whence he came (the World of the Dead) could he return back to THIS world. And he is still there, yet, and will be until he is resurrected to stand judgment (“there will be a resurrection of the righteous AND the unrighteous”).

But there was another special tree in Eden – the “tree of life”. There are three mentions of this tree in the account of Genesis: “Thus Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree desirable to one’s sight and good for food and also the tree of life in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. Thus Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree desirable to one’s sight and good for food and also the tree of life in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad”. (Genesis 2:9) An then: “And Jehovah God went on to say: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad, and now in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take [fruit] also from the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite,--” With that Jehovah God put him out of the garden of E′den to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. And so he drove the man out and posted at the east of the garden of E′den the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning itself continually to guard the way to the tree of life.”- Genesis 3:22-24

Yes. We will get back to these verses in a bit.

It’s uncertain to us if Adam and Eve knew about the existance of such “tree of life” and its significance, and if they did, if they knew of its exact location within the Garden of Eden.

This is not true. They not only knew of the tree, and its location, but ATE of it. They could... and DID... eat of EVERY tree in the garden... EXCEPT the TKOGB. And we know they knew where it was... because what would be the point in blocking them OUT of the garden, to keep them from getting back to eat OF it... if they didn’t even know where it was? THAT Tree... the Tree of Life... was in the very center of the garden... as it has always been.

While Jehovah revealed to them the existance and the precise identification of the “tree of the knowledge of good and bad”, the Scriptures don’t mention that Jehovah has done the same regarding the “tree of life”. (Genesis 2:16, 17)

Not true; they knew where both trees were located: in close proximity to one another... as they still are now.

After they have sinned, Jehovah’s immediate action was to eject the first human couple from Eden so that they would not gain access to the “tree of life”.

Not true. First, He questioned them. He did this to give them time to come clean... CONFESS their error and ASK FORGIVENESS. NEITHER did this, though. Both blamed someone else: Eve, the seraph that had enticed her (“the serpent, it deceived me”)... and Adham, Eve AND God Himself (“the woman YOU gave me, SHE made me eat”). Neither had the INTEGRITY to take responsibility for their own error! Neither loved God enough to not have eaten in the first place or to at least put faith in His MERCY. And Adham certainly didn’t love Eve – he was MORE than willing to let her take the fall.

He even placed two cherubs and a revolving sword to guard the access to the tree and ensure that humans would not access it, whether accidentally or purposedly. - Genesis 3:22-24

Okay, that really is from the WTBTS... and perhaps your own thinking... and it TOTALLY false: accidentally OR purposedly?? They knew where EVERY tree was in that garden. EVERY tree. And they ate from EVERY tree... even the TKOGB, eventually.

We should pay attention to the fact that the first time that the Sciptures mention life to time indefinite is in connection with the “tree of life”.

Not true. It is IMPLIED... in the words that they would die if they ate from ANOTHER tree. If eating from that other tree is the ONLY way they would die... then it is implied that they would NOT die... and thus live... FOREVER... if they DIDN’T eat from it. Simple logic/math, dear one.

Jehovah said: “(…) in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take [fruit] also from the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite (…)”. We learn here that eating from the fruit of the “tree of life” would have as consequence the acquisition of life without end. Since Adam and Eve incurred in sin and suffered death as a consequence of their disobedience by eating from the fruit of the “tree of the knowledge of good and bad”, they were no longer elegible for eating the fruit of the “tree of life” and consequently, for enjoying ‘life for time indefinite’

OKAY! Some TRUTH! Which is why Christ... IS THAT TREE:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my fleshand drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. T his is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” John 6:48-58

When Adham “ate” from the Tree of Knowledge of Good (life) and Bad (death)... he literally chose another “father” – Death. And thus, by means of this, that one, Death... entered into THIS world... THROUGH Adham. Coming THROUGH him... TO his children... and through THEM... to THEIR children... and so on and so on. And because Adham’s progeny was the PRICE he had paid TO Death for that authority (to die, yet live)... WE BELONG TO DEATH. But... praise JAH... there is One who gave HIS life... TO BUY US BACK... FROM Death. Redeem/repurchase/pay the RANSOM for... us!

This seems to indicate that Adam and Eve weren’t created with the innate quality of living ”for time indefinite”. That quality was to be acquired by eating the fruit of the “tree of life”.

This only party true: they did indeed have that quality, innately... because they didn’t have death IN them; but it was... and is sustained... by eating from the Tree of Life. Even without sin and death IN them, and without Death even having entered into this world... and so no means TO die (and so able to live forever), they had to eat from the Tree of Life. Because even spirit beings (angels) have to eat from him (Psalm 78:25).

That’s why THEY are “immortal” – because of the “life” THEY consume by eating FROM the Life... the Tree OF Life. Thus, they not only don’t die... but must be destroyed – because of the LIFE that is in him, that tree, in THEM! However, those spirit being (angels) who have ALSO been cut off (being bound in “Tartarus” or hurled out of the spirit realm and prevented from reentering) can be DESTROYED... and it is this prevention from “eating” that allows them to be so weakened that they CAN be.

It was God’s privilege to grant access to that tree, and consequently, to a life “for time indefinite”. Therefore, if eating from the “tree of life” was a privilege that could be revoked based of the moral choices of the human beings, then we can conclude that Jehovah intended that eating from the “tree of life”, and therefore, the acquisition of ‘life for time indefinite’ was a reward for humans who would chose to continuously respect God’s sovereignity and thus remain within God’s moral boundaries

Truth; however, it wasn’t a reward THEN – then, it was a RIGHT... because there was no DEATH (in them/this world). So for them to die would have been unrighteous – there was nothing that warranted it. NOW, though, that is not the case. And so, NOW... it is a GIFT (and not a reward – a reward denotes deservingness – NONE are worthy and thus it is due to UNdeserved kindness and MERCY... which is why it IS a gift. We can do NOTHING to “earn” it, none of us.

We belong to another, Death, whom Adham sold us TO... unless we “sell” OURSELVES... to the One who PAID THE PRICE... TO Death... for any who wish to be released from that one (Death). Since Christ has the KEYS... to death and Hades... he CAN release any he wishes. But he does so... as a GIFT... because of his... and God’s... LOVE.

King Solomon was inspired to write about Jehovah: “Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart (…)” (Ecclesiastes 3:11) Indeed God has created mankind with the innate desire to keep on living endlessly; But to actually acquire that quality it would require God’s permission to eat from the fruit of the “tree of life”.

And this is how we know it WAS innate: it was IN them, the beings God created, from the start!

At what point would Jehovah allow Adam and Eve, if they remained faithful to him, to eat from the “tree of life”?

They had always eaten from it, dear one. Always. There was only ONE tree from which they couldn’t eat. And, again, they eventually ate from that one, too. To their own detriment... and ours.

At this point, it is beneficial to consider what were the consequences of sin for mankind. As Jehovah had forewarned, after unauthorizedly eating from the “tree of the knowledge of good and bad”, Adam and Eve were subject to sin and death. (Genesis 3:19)

Partially true: the result was not because they had eaten unauthorizedly... because Adham HAD authorization. It is because that was the consequence of eating from THAT tree: knowing (intimately as in experiencing) death. He didn’t tell them that they would be PUNISHED... because that is not was meant. He WARNED them... because He didn’t WANT them to die. God “does not want ANY to die!”

However, in order to ensure the fulfillment of his purpose, Jehovah allowed the first couple to breed offsprings. Eventually, Adam lived up to 930 years, but, true to God’s word, he and Eve died and ‘returned to the ground’. This was the most serious consequence of sin: death.

Dear one, Adham and Eve died... from the moment they ate. Because f rom the MOMENT they ate... death came to be IN them. And death... is the ABSENCE of life. And so, they no longer had life “within themselves”... and so WERE dead. Their BODIES just hadn’t wound down and returned to the dust, yet.

As the apostle Paul wrote: “(…) through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned”. (Romans 5:12) But death wasn’t the only consequence of sin. The Scriptures also connect aging and illness with inherited sin. (Ecclesiasts 12:1-7; John 9:1-3; Mark 2:5-12) Pain, anxiety, tyranny, hate, crime and difficulties in obtaining normal livelihood are also mentioned as direct consequences of sin. - Genesis 3:16-19; 4:6-8

Those aren’t merely the consequences of sin, dear one. Those ARE sin... and death. Unlike the false teachings of many, including the WTBTS, sin is not just an ACT – sin... is the PRESENCE OF CORRUPTION... IN THE FLESH. They now had sin IN them, in the vessels they occupied... which vessel they could not escape from. It would die... and take them with it to the World OF the Dead (the dust from which they were brought forth)... and there was nothing they could about it... except eat from the Tree (of Life)... which would GRANT them life and so reverse the process. As he (that Tree) does for those who eat from him NOW. While the FLESH of such ones might die and return to the dust... the SPIRITS of such ones LIVE. They just “sleep”... under the altar.

Before they have sinned, Adam and Eve were free from the consequences of sin. Obviously, they were also free from death.

And thus, eternal life was innately IN them!

But if they weren’t allowed to acquire ‘life for time indefinite’ by eating from the “tree of life”, then for how long were they to live, since they were perfect? And how would that be accomplished?

I am not sure what you’re asking here – indeed, it doesn’t sound like you are, either. They were already eating... and living eternally. Once they ate of DEATH’s tree, though... they became dead – no life IN them. And so their flesh started to die. Since death brings corruption, they were no longer ‘perfect.’ But not because they were dying – they lost perfection... when they showed that they didn’t love GOD (enough to heed His warning!)... and one another (Eve, by having Adham also eat and Adham by throwing Eve under the bus). Perfection... is perfect LOVE. Neither of these showed they possessed that.

Remember that Jehovah gave the first couple a mission. The account of Genesis tells us that: ”Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E′den to cultivate it and to take care of it.” Also, the first couple received the following instructions: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth”. – Genesis 2:15; 3:28

This is one of the (very) few accurate things you’ve stated...

In order to generate human offspring to “fill the earth”, cultivate the Garden of Eden and subdue the animals, Adam and Eve should continue living on earth for a considerable amount of time, but Jehovah never told them that they, as individuals, would live forever on earth. Jehovah would continue to support indefinitely their lives until their mission on earth was accomplished. Only then they would be allowed to eat from the fruit of the “tree of life”, that is, acquiring ‘life for time indefinite’.

First, their mission on earth would have NEVER changed: God created the earth FOR man. Second, they were always eating from that Tree of Life. They were NEVER restricted from that tree, prior to eating from the other.

What would then happen to Adam and Eve once they had successfully accomplished their mission on earth and were allowed to eat from the fruit of the “tree of life”? To find the answer we must turn to the last book of the inspired Scriptures, the book of Revelation.

Okay, let’s do that...

In Revelation 2:7 we read the following promise of Jesus to his followers: “To him that conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’” Here we are looking into the future, not into the past. The “tree of life” isn’t the same original, physical tree that was on the Garden of Eden.

This is an error – it absolutely IS the same tree! The VERY same tree... because there was, is, and only ever will be ONE such tree!

But the symbolic meaning of the “tree of life” remains: Eating from its fuit is a reward to the faithful ones, and signifies the acquisition of ‘life for time indefinite’.

Another error – a reward denotes earned/deserved. Eternal life... is a GIFT – NO ONE can earn it... and only One showed himself to DESERVE it. And he gave HIS life so that all who exercise faith in HIM... that he can GRANT such life to OTHERS... can receive it FROM him .

The passage in Revelation mentions that this “tree of life” is in the “paradise of God”. So this must be where the reward of ‘life for indefinite time’ is awarded. Where is this paradise? Is it an earthly paradise? Or is it a heavenly paradise?

It is BOTH, dear one... just as it was then: heaven ON earth. When the things in the heavens (spirit realm) and the things on earth (the physical realm)... are brought together AGAIN. Just as it was with the GARDEN: Adham was created OUTSIDE the garden, in the physical realm... and then placed IN the garden (the spirit realm). And, until he was prevented, could go and in out between BOTH... as he WISHED (Genesis 28:12; John 10:9).

It is when New Jerusalem “comes down OUT of heaven”... and is established ON THE EARTH (“Your kingdom COME... and your will be done... ON EARTH... as in the heavens”). Which is how Gog and Magog are able to think they can even come AGAINST that Holy City: because she is established HERE. Because God did not create the earth to NOT be inhabited!

Note that this promise is made to the Christians of the congregation of Ephesus. Having been anointed and being parttakers of the Lord’s Evening Meal, they shared in a heavenly hope. (Hebrews 3:1, 14) The promise made to them is included in the first of seven special messages that Jesus has directed to seven congregations in the district of Asia, included in the book of Revelation. What sort of promises Jesus made to those Christians who would remain faithful?

The hope is not solely heavenly, dear one. The heaven part is just the FIRST part. These do go to the spirit realm... to be “married” to their husbandly owner, Christ. There, a process takes place whereby they literally become ONE spirit (as a man and woman become one FLESH!). They become flesh of HIS flesh... and bone of HIS bone (rather than flesh and bone of Adham). They are given “white” robes, then, SPIRIT BODIES... like HIS... so that like HIM... they, too, can “go in and out” between the two realms – spirit and physical.

“To him that conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’” (2:7); “Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life; He that conquers will by no means be harmed by the second death.’” (2:10, 11); “To him that conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white pebble, and upon the pebble a new name written which no one knows except the one receiving it.’” (2:17); “And to him that conquers and observes my deeds down to the end I will give authority over the nations, and he shall shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, the same as I have received from my Father, and I will give him the morning star” (2:25-28); “He that conquers will thus be arrayed in white outer garments; and I will by no means blot out his name from the book of life, but I will make acknowledgment of his name before my Father and before his angels” (3:5); “The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine.” (3:12); If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his [house] and take the evening meal with him and he with me. To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne”. (3:20, 21).

I am not going to go into every aspect of these verses because your use of it shows that you also don’t understand what that paradise is. It will say that it will be the same in the future as it was in the past: a “garden”... “planted” by God, a Cultivator (John 15:1)... that is a “place” He loves: “Jerusalem”. Only this will be the NEW “Jerusalem”... and in her midst will once again be His Beloved Tree. She is His “temple,” and Beloved “City”... and she is made up of people:

· Christ, the Tree of Life... who is the “Cornerstone”

· The Apostles and Prophets... who are the “Foundation”

· The Apostles... who are the “Gates”

· The Apostles, Prophets, and others... who are the “Pillars”

· And all others of Christ’s Body... who are “Living Stones”

SHE is the “Beloved City”... in her midst of which is a “garden”... in the midst of which is the “Tree (of Life)”... from all IN her “eat.” It is the very thing, this tree and eating from it, that Satan misleads Magog (spirits cut off) and Gog (goats cut off) into thinking they can access. Which is WHY these "come against" that Holy City: to attempt to gain access and get to that Tree! But JAH does not allow it!

We can see clearly that ‘eating from the tree of life’ in the “paradise of God” is part of a broad reward, which includes things such as becoming part of the New Jerusalem, or sit with Jesus in his throne. Where do all these things take place? Clearly not on earth! Instead, they take place in the spiritual realm, in the heavens. - Matthew 19:28, Revelation 21:1-3

This is an error. New Jerusalem “comes down OUT of heaven, as a Bride adorned for her husband,” does she not? She does this, because her co-rule with Christ... is UPON the earth; not “over” it. You have ascribed to another erroneous WTBTS teaching, however, by forgetting where New Jerusalem ultimately IS.

Indeed, the acquisition of ‘life for time indefinite’ – is part of a heavenly reward. Adam and Eve would have been rewarded with that heavenly reward if they would sucessfully accomplished their God-given mission on earth.

And you ascribe to yet another WTBTS error: that of “rewards”. They push this very erroneous teaching through their own false doctrines. For example, field service. They push a belief that the more hours one puts in the more “spiritual” one is. That low hours means “poorer spirituality.” And that one can receive a reward for their work. Yes, James did say that “faith without works is dead,” but these are the kinds of works he was speaking of. HE was speaking of faith that says it is love... yet, not showing love. Can you truly say you have faith in Christ... and not do as he would have done to those in need?

They, however, and unfortunately you, by your constant referral to a “reward,” entirely miss that life is NOT a reward... but a GIFT. You CANNOT earn it, you DON’T deserve it. It is GIVEN... due to God’s MERCY. Because the wage of sin is DEATH... and we have ALL sinned. So none of us, not ONE of us... can REDEEEM ourselves. We cannot UNDO our sins. We can only try to get them covered over/blotted out/washed. And there is only ONE way to do that: the blood of Christ.

But his blood does not cover/blot out/wash away our sins because we DESERVE it to. Or because we’ve done some “works”... or put in great amounts of field service hours, etc. It covers... WHEN it covers... because of HIS love... for US... and his GIFT of LETTING it, when he does. Nothing more. At all.

But don’t we read in the Scriptures that 1 Corinthians 15:50“flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom”? Didn’t Jesus say: “unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”? If that’s the case, how could the perfect Adam and Eve receive a heavenly reward if they weren’t going to die, and therefore, be released from their material bodies? (1 Corinthians 15:50; John 3:3) The simple answer is: They wouldn’t have to die in order to receive their heavenly reward. The apostle Paul, speaking by inspiration about the future, wrote: “Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality”. – 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

YES! But Adham tried to TAKE that potential... rather than wait for his body to be “prepared”... by GOD. Christ, however, allowed GOD to change him:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire - but my ears you have opened; you have prepared a body for me...” Psalm 40:6 (LXX)

Paul describes a future time, the time of the blowing of the “last trumpet”, when the dead would be rised to a spiritual life my means of a resurrection; And the ones still living would be rised to a spiritual life by means of an instantaneous change where the material body is disposed of and life is transferred to a spiritual body. Just as Jehovah miraculously transferred Jesu’s life from a spiritual body into a material body, upon his conception, the reverse process will take place. No death is involved, simply a change, a transition. Pretty much the inverse process that resulted in Jesus' spiritual life being transferred into a human fleshy form. That was exactly what was to happen to Adam and Eve, and by extension, to all of his descendants, if they have remained perfect.

YES! They would have been a “white robe”... a FULLY spirit body, that does not and cannot have sin and death IN it. Which they already partially had (which is why they COULD go into the garden). But they did not have such FULLY... yet. Why? Because that had not yet been fully TAUGHT how to exist in such bodies – they did not, obviously, yet know how to CHOOSE... the GOOD (life)... and REJECT... the BAD (death), as Christ did (because he allowed himself the time to be TAUGHT):

“Listen, please, O house of David. Is it such a little thing for ? YOU ? to tire out men, that ? YOU ? should also tire out my God? Therefore JaHVeH Himself will give ? YOU ? men a sign : Look! The maiden herself will actually become pregnant, and she is giving birth to a son, and she will certainly call his name Imman′uel. Butter and honey he will eat by the time that he knows how to reject the bad and choose the good . For before the boy will know how to reject the bad and choose the good, the ground of whose two kings you are feeling a sickening dread will be left entirely. Isaiah 7:13-16

Christ allowed JAH to tell Him when he was ready to know (life) good AND bad (death) and didn’t take that knowledge for himself... or “deal” with Death (Luke 4:9-12) to obtain it. He, then CHOSE life (good) and REJECTED death (bad). Which is what was held out to Israel (and still is):

“This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you thatI have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love JaHVeH your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For JaHVeH is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30:19, 20

It is what is before us NOW: life (“ I am the... Life John 14:6)... or death (“ Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man AND drink his blood, you have NO life within yourselves !” John 6:53)

In the future, when Jehovah’s purpose is accomplished, namely, “to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth”, perfectly faithful humans living very long, fruitful and healthy lives in an restored and healed earth, once having accomplished their mission on earth, will be extended the privilege of eating from the “tree of life” and be instantly changed and elevated for an immortal life in the spiritual realm to become “sons of God” in the superlative sense. – Ephesians 1:10

Oh, no, dear one, no, no, no: that gift is extended long, long before then. It is being extended NOW... and will be when New Jerusalem is established in the physical realm “on earth”... and will exist for time indefinite afterward.

Hence, we are being invited to eat... and DRINK... NOW. May you be granted ears to hear and get the sense of these truths I have shared with you... as well as when that invitation is made... by the Spirit and His Bride to YOU, to:

“Come! Take ‘life’s water’... the holy spirit of God, the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is JAHVEH... which water issues forth from the INNERMOST parts of His Son and Christ, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... as a river from HIS throne... he, the TREE OF LIFE... whose leaves... flesh... is for the “curing” of the nations... AND Israel... so that ALL may eat... and live... to time indefinite, even if their flesh should die... FREE!” Revelation 22:17

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with, and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good lord.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yes, INDEED, dear JW! VERY good, praise JAH!

Peace!

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• james_woods
    james_woods

I doulos your doulorship, Aguest.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Never may that happen, dear JW (peace!) - I am YOUR servant!

Peace!

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who apologizes for the long response, but it WAS a pretty lengthy commentary to begin with, so much to respond TO...

• cofty
    cofty
    Of course if you consider that the creation is a myth altogether and Adam and Eve are fictional characters, there's no way we can have a leveled discussion upon it, since we don't share the same starting point. - EdenOne

So address your starting point first.

Adam and Eve are a myth. The only way anybody can think otherwise is by carefully avoiding facts to the contrary.

You have a responsibility to deal with the evidence before you go on publishing ideas that cannot possibly be true.

Here is a good place to start...

On a side note, have you ever heard about the "Gap Theory" of Genesis?

Yes. It doesn't help your cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit