what takes away salvation

by jhine 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

coffee , are you a JW who is coming out ? I would be sooo interested in your reasons . I really feel a calling to witness to my local witnesses !! Most Christains I know just say stuff like " I'm happy as I am thanks " and never engage witnesses in discusion and I feel that this is sad . Please elaborate on your meeting with the Elders , sounds fascinating

• designs
    designs

DD. PSac- The arguements you make for allowance of different interpretations are the essential points of why christianity and really all religions are just the totally human invention of customs, myths and superstitions. It leaves you no basis to criticize JWs for simply being different from you. You are essentially arguing- My myth is true and your myth is false.

Silly leftovers from Bronze Age and earlier.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

jhine, I've been out officially since 1993. I DAed. I met with the elders early that year after about a 2 year fade. The meeting was about 2 hoursl long.

Coffee

• jhine
    jhine

designs , PSac is allowing that ,yes of course people will have different thoughts on any important subject -look at politics ,people disagree as to how to fix the economy etc ,does that mean that we don't need to fix the economy ? If you read my post above I entirely agree with PSac that we should lovingly engage with those who have different ideas and admit that maybe we don't have all the right answers . The point being made about the Watchtower ,it was my point in the first place, is that they outright lie to their members to give their ideas weight . How can you engage honestly with people who don't know what honesty means . If anyone wants to follow Watchtower teachings they should at least be aware that" proofs" given in their publications ie "quotes " from the Early church fathers are totally twisted to say something that was never intended .

• jhine
    jhine

P.S , sorry PSac if I have misrepresentated your veiws in any way , I did get a bit carried away in the last post

• designs
    designs

jhine- Then at least admit that the basis of Chrsitianity is the same as the Wt.- a lie, a religion based on lies and strawman arguments. Are you ready for that step.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

jhine, no, you didn't misinterpret my views.

The reason we have many denominations is NOT because of differences in central theologicla doctrine but differences in interpretations of the "outlining" ones.

All religions have this of course, there are different denominations in Islam, In Judaisim, Hinduism, buddhisim, etc, etc.

If a person, like designs, doesn't see the difference in one over the other, then he is entitiled tohis view of course.

Mainstream Christianity allows for differences of opinion and dialouges, it didn't always of course, but it has grown and evolved.

• jhine
    jhine

PSac ,thanks I was a bit worried that I might have gone a step too far in speaking on your behalf , but we do seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet . First time I typed that I missed the middle g from singing and got a very different meaning !!! Designs , have you read "who moved the stone " by Frank Morris , I think . He was an investigative journalist who set out to disprove the ressurection and ended up a believer . I get the impresssion that you don't want to believe , however ,so maybe you don't want to investigate Christianity intelligently (yes that can be done ) . C S Lewis wrote many interlectually challenging books on the subject . The Bible says that God is revealed to us in creation if we have eyes to see . The simplest way to belief , if you will ask with a truly open mind is to ask God to reveal Himself to you . I think maybe that you are worried that you might find something that you are not prepared for , the love of God , which is more than we can understand with our finite minds . Try it , you might just be surprised .

• designs
    designs

Christianity 'has grown and evolved', exactly!!! Its just a man-made religion like thousands of others present and past.

• jhine
    jhine

Designs ,did my post shock /offend you so much that you were stunned into silence , if so I appologise . I braced myself for your reply ! Perhaps you are working on the principal of ignoring something and it will go away .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit