what takes away salvation

by jhine 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

I see 2 issues here, with very intelligent and articulate proponents.

1) if you believe in talking snakes, fantastic floods, spare-rib females, the WT BtS is one of your kind, and not serving (to partake) the "life-giving" symbols of salvation to the majority of your followers "dooms" them to eternal death. add your preferred salvation requirements per dogma of your other, own denomination.

2) if you dont believe in these un-natural stories, then make the best of your gifts and who knows? is it just eternal death? entropy?

Searcher: thank you. I had the wrong glasses on and when you wrote: "---free the prisoners--" I read "-- free the pioneers--" anyway, I am throuigh with all that preaching that still seems to be in your pre-occupation. I gave my 10% as Jesus did. If there was no talking snake we do not need salvation. If there was no rib-surgery, our wives are even better, more gloriously different. vivre la difference.

• cofty
    cofty

From everything I ever posted here, you honestly believe that?

A body with flesh and bones but no blood?

Like most believers you float from logical thinking to unscientific fantasy and back again effortlessly.

• designs
    designs

Just getting in from work.

DD- On the Evangelical and JW forum that Rob Bowman ran both Bowman and Presbyterian professor Hoffstetter both agreed on the earth as the eternal home for Believers as the 'official view' their religious denominations held but they both admitted that the average man and woman sitting in the pews believe they are spending eternity in heaven.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    A body with flesh and bones but no blood?
    Like most believers you float from logical thinking to unscientific fantasy and back again effortlessly.

Yes, I can go from science to theology quite easily, that makes me anti-science?

I can also go from discussing martial arts to seafood or go from discussing best beachs I have been to, to discussing about why kung fu panda rocks more than teenage mutant ninja turtles.

I am a man of many layers, obviously.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Jhine, yes, all of "your" above, but especially 2 Corinthians 4:3-12...if we are BLOCKED and side tract from the TREASURE of the Anointing aka Holy Spirit in our life, we are NOT Christian and have no power to over come our Adamic nature.

Shalom

• Pterist
    Pterist

Enjoyed your comments Psac !

It's interesting that Paul describes the resurrection to immortality as the sowing of a mere seed in death to a resurrected body of Glory that would be fit for the NEW Creation as New Heavens and New Earth., NOT a re-creation like that of Lazurus.

Shalom friend.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD- On the Evangelical and JW forum that Rob Bowman ran both Bowman and Presbyterian professor Hoffstetter both agreed on the earth as the eternal home for Believers as the 'official view' their religious denominations held but they both admitted that the average man and woman sitting in the pews believe they are spending eternity in heaven.

I'm aware of some debate about this, in many denominations, however when you talk about the 'official view' ask yourself what offical branch of which presbyterian church do they speak for.

I know you like to make a big deal out of different views about minor issues among Christians. Unlike you and JWs, most Christians don't require agreement on everything. There are some essential doctrines they have in common, but the eternal state of believers isn't one of them.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I know you like to make a big deal out of different views about minor issues among Christians. Unlike you and JWs, most Christians don't require agreement on everything. There are some essential doctrines they have in common, but the eternal state of believers isn't one of them.

Well said.

It is important to understand that the bible is and always will be interpreted and from that they may arise different views on the same issues BUT that is a strength (or shold be) of Christianity, not a weakness, we are open ( or shoudl be) to different views from our Christian brothers and while we may not agree, we respect and consider them. The core tenents of Christianity however, are uniform:

Christ came, he was the incarnate son of God, the Word of God, He died, was resurrected and will come again, He is our Lord and Saviour and salvation ( for a Christian)is through Him and no one else.

• jhine
    jhine

Hi, Ding and Pterist and thank you Psac for your continued imput . I know that many people think that arguments over interpretations of the Bible are futile and harmful and I would agree . The point that I am making is that while Presbyterians , Baptists , Catholics etc hold different veiws over Bible interpretation , and I'm sure that we can humbly learn from each other on occasion , the Watchtower feels the need to produce literature like "SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY " which is packed to the rafters with mis-quotes and falsehoods to back up it's theology . As far as I'm aware nobody has accused Luther of downright dishonesty to try to get people to share his veiws . Most people who try to interpret the Bible do so sincerely and although others may think that their logic is flawed must acknowledge that their aims are righteous , can this be said of the W.T.?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I told the elders, when I met with them that they nor the organization could give me salvation nor could they take it away. They did not have that kind of power.

You should have seen the looks on their faces!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit