what takes away salvation

by jhine 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

I am certain that the Watchtower society is of the devil , they tell so many lies to cover up their false doctrines and satan is the father of all lies . So logically somewhere in those false doctrines there is something that prevents the rank and file from receiving salvation as satan works so hard to keep them in "The Truth " Does anyone else agree with that statement ? If so, what is it in their teaching that keeps them from the free gift of salvation that comes by the grace of God alone ? Is it the belief that Jesus only mediates for the 144,000 ? or their refusal to take communion when Jesus says that you willo only enter the kingdom if you do ? Is it because they feel that they have to earn salvation , not that it is God's free gift through Jesus ? Will any of these teachings keep them from salvation , or indeed any other of their theology? What is the minimum requirement for salvation and do they fall short ? It is important to me to understand this and I hope that there are wiser and more informed people out there to help me understand.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think the identification of Jesus is wrong. Which leads to other problems. My opinion.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Absolutely no arguments from me that lies are being told by WTBTS in order to create a two-tier system identical to to that in Christendom, as well as probably every other religion on the planet.

We as Witnesses have a clergy-laity system - despite protestations to the contrary. We are not allowed to reason on the Bible for ourselves, and we are definitely forbidden from discussing our "inspired" doctrines with one another, in case we suddenly see what the Bible Really Teaches! (see Sept. 2007 Kingdom Ministry, Question Box)

However, the 'elephant in the room' which many who claim to be Christian refuse to acknowledge, let alone discuss, is the fact that Christians were actually to preach & teach about Christ - not just "believe". Satan & his demons believe in Christ!!

We can't earn salvation, but surely we have to act on what we believe in to give evidence of our faith and belief in something? I may be mis-applying the following Scriptures to back-up my comments - if so, Scriptural correction is most welcome.

( Isaiah 61:1) . . .The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners;

(Matthew 9:35) . . .And Jesus set out on a tour of all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom . . .

(Matthew 24:14) . . .And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

(Matthew 28:19) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations. . .

(Mark 16:15) . . .And he said to them: "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

(Luke 9:2) And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 9:16) . . .If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news! (Colossians 1:25-28)...I became a minister of this [congregation] in accordance with the stewardship from God which was given me in YOUR interest to preach the word of God fully, the sacred secret that was hidden from the past systems of things and from the past generations. But now it has been made manifest to his holy ones, to whom God has been pleased to make known what are the glorious riches of this sacred secret among the nations. It is Christ in union with YOU, the hope of [his] glory. He is the one we are publicizing, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in union with Christ.

(Titus 1:2-3) . . .upon the basis of a hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting, whereas in his own due times he made his word manifest in the preaching. . .

(Philippians 1:15) . . .True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill.

(2 Timothy 4:1-2) . . .I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom, preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. (Acts 28:30-31) . . .So he remained for an entire two years in his own hired house, and he would kindly receive all those who came in to him, preaching the kingdom of God to them and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance. (Romans 10:8-15) . . .But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your own mouth and in your own heart"; that is, the "word" of faith, which we are preaching. For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. For the Scripture says: "None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: "How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!"

(1 Timothy 4:16) . . .Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you. (1 Thessalonians 2:4) . . .but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts.

(1 Corinthians 9:22)...to the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some.

(1 Peter 3:15)...But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.

(Acts 1:8) but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

(Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances."

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) . . .If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(Romans 11:13) Now I speak to YOU who are people of the nations. Forasmuch as I am, in reality, an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry,

(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

(Romans 1:15-16) . . .so there is eagerness on my part to declare the good news also to YOU there in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek; (1 Corinthians 9:16) . . .If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news! (Acts 20:24) . . .Nevertheless, I do not make my soul of any account as dear to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received of the Lord Jesus, to bear thorough witness to the good news of the undeserved kindness of God.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty, warm and belated welcome jhine!

From my journey I have concluded the four most powerful apostate mechanisms that keep Watchtower followers away from the unabridged gospel of grace are:

1. Rule-making and rule-keeping (apostate legalism)
    2. Following an external moral code instead of a renewed/regenerated conscience (apostate moralism)
    3. Supremacist dissecting of peripheral doctrines (apostate ethocentrism)
    4. Supremacist pursuit of special or exclusive knowledge (apostate Gnosticism)
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Great post, The Searcher! Love it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Joke-hova takes away salvation. That thing intended for us to all be slaves, enduring under duress and stagnation and existing only to give that thing pleasure at our expense. These organizations, intended by joke-hova to prevent us from learning the truth, are all its organizations. All Jewish, Christian, and Muslim organizations belong to joke-hova and are intended to destroy the truth that actually leads to salvation and spiritual growth. It's just that some of them are much stricter and more aggressive, bashing other sister organizations for "being too lenient". The other organizations bash the witlesses for "being too strict and hiding or denying salvation". Jewish and Muslim organizations bash Christi-SCAM-ity, which in turn bashes Judaism and Islam. This playing both sides against the middle means people don't know where to turn.

As with when most of us left the washtowel had to look past the derogatory "apostate" label, people in the world have to look past similar derogatory labels and even embrace them as we did with "apostate". Such derogatory labels in the world include anti-Semite, heretic, and Satan. They hide the truth behind labels that are made derogatory so the victims will not think to look there for answers. Hence, most are blinded and remain right where they are. Joke-hova wins the battle, and your soul is damned. You remain in a paradigm designed to exploit, stagnate, and destroy. All the while, salvation is right where you are programmed to not look and to be scared to even think of looking--with Satan.

• designs
    designs

jhine- You are coming from a narrow corridor and jumping down a rabbit hole. Because someone doesn't believe like you they're somehow lost or worse. Its the 21st century and time to leave myths and superstitions behind.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Affiliating with the WTBS takes away salvation because they are part of Babylon the Great. "By their fruits..."

Loz x

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If salvation is a free gift from God through the sacrifice of His Son then what takes away salvation would the rejection of this gift.

• designs
    designs

This all presupposses that there was a literal Garden of Eden, that something was lost in Eden, that humans need salvation from something, and that human blood sacrifice pleases God.

DEVO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit