Clapping at the meetings and assembly

by NewYork44M 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Actual experience: The Clapper Talk. (Last talk of the District Convention.) In recent years it appears to have gone the way of the DoDo. It was always full of JW Global growth statistics and cheesy "experiences". For lack of anything better to do, my brothers and I would actually keep a tally of how many times there was applause during The Clapper Talk (tm). Usually it was at least 15-20 times.

Another bored, Distriction Convention past-time: Try to be the first or the very last person to clap in the whole audience.

My personal Fantasy: As a non-believing observer, wait for a meeting where someone is announced as DFed or reproved, start a slow clap, stand up and keep up the applause while walking all the way out of the KH. Will never happen since we only go to Memorials now.

om

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Although we are very happy to see someone return to the truth, applause at the time of his or her reinstatement would not be appropriate.

The Prodigal Son

(Luke 15:25-27) 25 “Now his older son was in the field; and as he came and got near the house he heard a music concert and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants to him and inquired what these things meant. 27 He said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and your father slaughtered the fattened young bull, because he got him back in good health.’

Music concert and dancing plus feast for this son's reinstatement.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

There was a Question Box from 3 or 4 years ago that even specified not to clap during certain things at meetings such as demonstrations and other things. I'd have to dig it up but that would require installing the WT Library

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Clapping at the Meetings and Assembly..

.....................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Another bored, Distriction Convention past-time: Try to be the first or the very last person to clap in the whole audience."

Aw, the clapping game. Another way for a bored jw kid to pass the time. It was fun to kick start the clapping. Funny my parents never caught on to what we were doing.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

LOL @ Outlaw!!! The picture on the right with the caption is hilarious!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I always laughed when people would try to get the clapping started during talks.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

How about this one:

Its the end of the CO's visit, after the final talk and prayer on Sunday and --- APPLAUSE!!!!

My wife never remembers this happening before.

• blondie
    blondie

Honoring the man, not the message......

• blondie
    blondie

Another thread show "God's people" clapping for a resurrected person, someone who didn't need to show repentance, just die and have their sins wiped clean by their death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit