What Was Your "Status" Within The Organization?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I love these threads. Really makes it personal.

My story:

Youngest elder in the circuit at 27; I'm now 45. My last meeting was January 2009. Yes.....I was that 'hot shot' elder....the talented public speaker that made people cry and hug one another. I really cared. I love people and always fight for the underdog. I served as an elder for 11 years...and basically ran our congregation. I was the 'go to' guy all the teenager loved and respected. I had the 'privilege' of being used on District and Circuit talks....as well as an instructor at KM School for the elders.

Then hard times hit. My wife was bi-polar and basically....a whore. She kept sinning and sinning while everyone supported my son and I. Then it ran out........I stopped serving, every hall tried to get me to move into their KH for my return to elderhood. I went to two more congregation and was disgusted by everything. How unstudied the elders were.......how unkind. How most of them were drunks, along with their wives.....and how slander runs rampant.

So much more to tell. But now, I tell people I'm a very proud apostate. Some people cry....others look horrified.

I'm now divorced, a bachelor, my son isn't a JW........ and I can say with absolute honesty....I have never been happier in my life.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Baptised at 18, and considered good enough to open mettings with prayer. During my twenties I was considered an 'idiot', told so by an elder and a wannabe elder MS on a shepherding call. man i wish i had seen the light right then and there!

Worked hard to be spiritual after that and became a regular pioneer along with wife, became a MS, did accounts, went on shepherding calls. Moved to serve where the need was great? at the beach no less! We were the congs golden children, the ones most likely to succeed, went to all the gilead meetings at conventions, applied and were accepted for bethel construction in Oz, had to cancel as we got knocked up.

I was on a fast track to elder as best i could tell, I mean, the elder body just loved me, everyone did. I dont mean to sound like i had tickets on myself, i mean to say they had great expectations because were were real popular and seen as good asscociation.

I gave public talks around adelaide and even interstate, took a bookstudy if the elder was sick, Amazing what you can do when you are trying to kill your authentic self.

Then i dropped the bomb about my double life, my dead faith, my disbeleif in god caring. They were so desperate to keep me as an MS they let me remain as one until I said no more.

Funny thing is that i never saw any shonky elders, no golden handshakes, was never privy to scandels. I was so dumb that i never questioned a single 'truth'. What i questioned was my own evilness and lack of faith.

I disapeared from WT life like a blown light bulb. Not one single 'friend' ever ever approached me again even though they knew no details (other than what my now hateful wife must have told them)

All that confirmed to me that they were false friends every single solitary one of them. There is not a genuine caring bone in that god forsaken evildom of a 'religion'

So glad to have left.

Oz

• gorgia
    gorgia

Had a wealthy, 'worldly' baptised Dad - ie, Satan's daughter.

gorgia

• Fernando
    Fernando

R&F.

From the Pharisees' perspective, a troublesome member of the "dumb sheeple" class who liked to think, question, speak out and challenge error & the status quo.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Born in. (Can't forgive my parents for that)

Craptized at 15.

Aux pious-sneered on and off.

MS (always the bloody book counter!) then elder later on.

Being an elder fully woke me up seeing the hypocrisy and lack of love. Seeing how it's just a business posing as a religion.

It cost me my family!

So I don't want any pro dub troll telling me the watchtower tries to keep families together. They're feckin' liars.

I was always irritated by the obvious GB worship all my life. Now I only wish the GB pain and suffering.

• fulano
    fulano

Third generation. Pioneer, special pioneer, Bethelite, missionary almost ten years, Brooklyn, Patterson. Elder for all those years , now happy more or less.

• kokyong.soon3
    kokyong.soon3

minimus: i was a pioneer then disfellowshipped for not taking the neutrality stand. now a near-inactive witness.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Kokyong.. do u happen to be in Singapore?

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Born-in, Explerary, MS

now Brother College/Weak

• Blackfalcon98

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit