What Was Your "Status" Within The Organization?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised in the "Truth", was a MS at 20. Before then, i was used as an "assistant" and did whatever the Ms's were doing. At 24, I was the youngest appointed elder in the District. By 27, I was the Presiding Overseer. Then had some issues in the congregation, and to make a long story short, I was made an elder in a new Hall, became Secretary and eventually left!

• Pink sapphire
    Pink sapphire

It was exemplary until I turned 18, pioneered through my final s hool exams and after, always on platform for field service experiences and usually had a part every assembly. It all changed at 18.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was considered exemplary. Pioneer at the age of 19. MS at the age of 20. Always giving talks. In a congregation of 120 seemed like I was on the platform every meeting. Always asked to fill in when people wouldn't show up. Gave public talks at other congregations. Did a part on the TMS for the assembly.

The PO tried desperately to get me to go to Bethel but I refused. Another elder said "Nah, I can't see him at Bethel. He's gotta go to MTS and help where the need is greater!" Barf. If I had followed in that route I'm sure I would have been assigned to some congregation in the middle of nowhere and appointed an elder. Probably at the age of 26 or 27. That is my guess.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Very good Witness girl...then marked for going to college. Gradually faded in my early 20's. I was never disfellowshipped so I continue to represent a conundrum to my Witness relatives at family events..."should we talk to her?"

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ex-Elder, for a few years, stepped down for burnout and other personal reasons. Sometime ago I was made a MS and I'm always getting "encouragement talks" to seek reinstatement as Elder.

Eden

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

My "status" within that sham of a religion was un-enviable. You can't win if you are a single working woman and won't allow yourself to be victimized by all the users there!

Even though I had a few friends, I was certainly on the fringes and wasn't in the "IN" crowd. It's NO loss since they were never my friends anyway and I wouldn't look twice at them now.

• perfect1
    perfect1

hottie.

• designs
    designs

Pioneer out of HS then School Overseer, MS, Elder, resigned in 1989, inactive after 1995, gone after 1999.

• brokethechain
    brokethechain

From exemplary to lower than scum overnight.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it hardly matters if you had status of some sort in a cult, eh? At least it doesn't matter to me.

I notice that sometimes folks on JWN seem to still regard former elders and Bethelites as somehow important because of their former roles in the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit