What Was Your "Status" Within The Organization?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you a sought after associate?

Were you often invisible?

Did other Witnesses view you as "exemplary"?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Invisible, flying under the radar. A cousin recently told me she thought it was strange that I had been courted by a brother but no one said anything about my not being baptized. I think some folks just assumed that I had been. They never asked.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A great big nobody.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Brother weak

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I was an elder for over 20 years.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

at the outset before and after baptism an uber Witness, even chose which parties I attended, towards the end rebellious , outspoken doesn't show humility, thank god this madness ended 20 years ago.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Were you a sought after associate? NO Were you often invisible? YES Did other Witnesses view you as "exemplary"? NO Then I happened to come into a substantial sum of money and it all changed over night! The strange thing was that I hadn't changed in any way. So much for the theory of a "loving brotherhood" and being impartial.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was an elder up until the time I quit.

We were upper middle class, so we were considered people of the "JW rich class".

Finally, I achieved the high rank of "Apostate".

• lohengren
    lohengren

A future servant, elder, CO, ????. My dad was an elder and the brothers were always "encouraging" me to reach out for "privelidges"

But fuck that

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

High profile. MS for 9 years. Served overseas. My wife and I were used on assembly parts etc...

Haven't been to a meeting in 5 months now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit