What Was Your "Status" Within The Organization?

by minimus 91 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

dagney, when that song was popular, we adopted it as our theme. One of the elders said that average hours were garbage hours, so a bunch of us called ourselves the Dead Beat Club. Lovingly of course, lol. That kind of thing helped me right out of the org.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was the blonde-haired boy who could do no wrong- when I was really young. I actually gave a talk in the TMS once. After that I was just one of the 'wild boys'-going to quick-builds and going on interstate road trips with a crazy pioneer bro- until I chucked the religion away.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Trans, you were a wild boy Dead Beat.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh well, I guess I was at the bottom of the heap. Single pioneer woman, poor and meaningless within in the cong. Although I had some friends, of course once I disappeared, not much contact.

• eva luna
    eva luna

female

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hortensia, if you had just laid off the pioneering, you could have been a Dead Beat.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Awww, why can't be friends? Because you're a Dead Beat. I'm more concerned about my salvation than you or yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

• blondie
    blondie

Female

JW mother (weak), non-jw father (resisted conversion)

Low meeting attendance - see weak jw mother

Infected with spiritual leprosy -see non jw father

My status really went up when my husband was appointed an elder though. We found out about the elders/wives only parties (not that kind)

• eva luna
    eva luna

Bondie, I noticed something simular.

As I kid , my dad being an elder , I was attached to his satus. good

When I was married, I was attached to my husbands status. weak

But, as a single female. invisable

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Infected with spiritual leprosy -see non jw father

Aka as Dead Beat-itis. Cool, Blondie, you were a Dead Beat, at least until your husband was appointed an elder.

Eva, looks like you were one of us. There were a lot more Dead Beats than any other group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit