Crazy Weird Quotes in 1/15 WT Article - WT Society Opinions-Nothing More

by flipper 41 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I won't follow a theme on this thread . I'm just going to supply weird quotes from the current 1/15 WT article " Keep Drawing close to Jehovah " and then you can draw your own takes and conclusions on these insane " opinions " from the WT Society.

Paragraph 3 : " Marketers cleverly convince people that they must have the latest products. One young man so passionately desired a particular tablet computer that he secretly sold one of his kidneys to buy it. What a shortsighted sacrifice ! "

Paragraph 7 : " Sickness serves Satan's purpose, for when we are sick, it is harder for us to serve Jehovah. And if we die, we cannot serve him at all. Naturally, then, we want to do what we can to stay healthy. "

Paragraph 9 : " Offering health advice or products- solicited or unsolicited - can detract from our spiritual purpose and rob others of their joy. "

Paragraph 13 : " Jehovah blesses our balanced efforts to obtain life's necessities. He does not want us to be falling asleep during meetings because of overwork or to be sitting in the Kingdom Hall worrying about money . "

Paragraph 14 : " Certain eagles are reported to have drowned when they did not release from their talons a fish that was too heavy to carry off. Could something similar happen to a Christian ? "

Paragraph 15 : " Indeed, resting our hope on our savings, investments, or ability to earn money in this system amounts to resting our hope on " the god of this system, " Satan. "

Indeed, if anybody who had never read any of Jehovah's Witnesses material reads this- they'd think they are all $hit crazy ! ( Which they are ) . I wonder if the WT Society realizes they are " resting their hope " on Satan when they bilk millions of $$$$ out of congregations and JW's investments, retirements, inheritances , property's, etc. to financially fatten their bank account ? As always I look forward to your takes, observations, and any and all comments ! Have a great day ! Peace out to all of you ! Mr. Flipper

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I used to by the nonsense that I was stressed out because of the demands of "this system of things."

Then when I was DF'd and quit going to the meetings and was no longer constantly beat up by all the negative talk from the WT and the constant guilt-tripping I discovered an amazing thing: It was those meetings and the constant barrage of mental abuse from the WT that caused me to be stressed out!

Go figure.

00DAD

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

As my 6 yr old often says...'that makes no sense!' Since I don't read the magazines anymore I love reading this stuff, confirms for me that I've made the right decision in keeping my kids out of this craziness.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

So true 00DAD. I went back to the KHall for a funeral some years ago. Even the funeral talk was packed with the nega-phrases. "This old wicked system of things" "the trials we face during the last days" "how Satan tries to discourage us"

What healthy person thinks this way? I used to. Life seems like a breeze now. And the magazine articles? Laughable if they weren't intended to be serious.

Bob NC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You could almost call this the "Completely Made Up Shit" thread.

They've successfully avoided incorporating any sort of valuable information from the bible, science or common sense; it's just a bunch of cult-speak delusional jibber-jabber. Nice find!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you allow yourself to get sick (or even die) and reduce your "service", you have served Satan. Get your flu-ass out of bed and telephone witness if you can't knock on doors between vomits.

I know what they mean about Witnesses offering health "products" but including "advice" is going too far.

Meetings are G-D boring is why people are falling asleep. Also, lack of college cause members to often work hard longer hours. Nothing wrong with that, so cut them some slack if they show up tired. They imply that if you are struggling, then you are not balanced.

I call BS on their para. 14 thought. Same with para. 3. Some guy might have sold a kidney and later bought an iPad, but not one to do the other. Some eagle might have drowned struggling with it's prey, but not because it would not simply let go.

Para. 15- just give us everything beyond paying your bills. Don't save. It'll work out. Trust us.

I figured out with 1995's generation change that I needed to addord to retire in this system of things. Many JW's are getting around to figuring that out with the overlap generation. Thor bless them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Paragraph 3 : " Marketers cleverly convince people that they must have the latest products. One young man so passionately desired a particular tablet computer that he secretly sold one of his kidneys to buy it. What a shortsighted sacrifice ! "

Oh I love these comments. In what frickin country can u secretly sell a kidney? Secretly? How do explain the post surgery recovery? Try giving this account at the door and not get laughed at.

Paragraph 9 : " Offering health advice or products- solicited or unsolicited - can detract from our spiritual purpose and rob others of their joy.

Oh yea, someone offered me a cologne sample and I was depressed all day as a result.

Paragraph 13 : " Jehovah blesses our balanced efforts to obtain life's necessities. He does not want us to be falling asleep during meetings because of overwork or to be sitting in the Kingdom Hall worrying about money . "

If you want to fall asleep at meeting, the material will provide help in that regard

Paragraph 14 : " Certain eagles are reported to have drowned when they did not release from their talons a fish that was too heavy to carry off. Could something similar happen to a Christian ? "

I have my talons trimmed once a week so I'm good.

Seriously, I really think now the WT mag is just a test to see how stupid u are. If u buy it, they'll make u an elder

• haboob48
    haboob48

paragraph 14................I did a google search about eagles and you are #8 on that list Flipper! It is totally RARE that an eagle will drown for not letting go, due to hunger or being to far out in the water. In fact.........they are great swimmers, and they control their talons. wtbt$....just silly writings. lol

• Barrold Bonds
  • problemaddict
    problemaddict

I hate it when I almost drown because of the size fish I take! (I get it of course, trying to illustrate the "bite off more than we can chew" scenario).

Just bizarre though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit