New York Times Essay - The Blessings of Atheism

by Band on the Run 73 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

please explain something. From the Genesis story, Eve was supposedly created from one of Adam's ribs. He would have had a bone/skeletal structure.

I hear you and I have wondered the same.

But Adam was created outside of the garden, and then brought INTO the garden. Made from the dust of the earth. So he had a form, but it was not this one that was limited to the physical; he was not trapped within it. Meaning he could move in and out of the spiritual. (like the angels can; like Christ can - after He rose; and like we will be able to once we are 'changed' to be like Him)

Hope that helps you to be able to get a sense of this a bit better. I am sorry that I do not know enough to explain better. I'll think and ask and try if I can.

Peace to you,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

One of the blessings of atheism is not being embarrassed by fellow believers when they spout nonsense like that.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This skin crap sounds very similar to Gnosticism. Flesh is bad. Well, the Jewish view is that flesh is good. Christians did not believe in heaven with spirits but in a physical ressurection in human bodies. These notions of Adam should have been discarded thousands of years ago.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Adam was the first potato.

Le premier homme-de-terre.

• cofty
    cofty

This skin crap sounds very similar to Gnosticism

I have been saying this for a while. Shelby, Tammy et al are unadulterated gnostics. "There is nothing new under the sun"

Its a horrible degrading philosophy that denegrates humanity.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Hope that helps you to be able to get a sense of this a bit better. I am sorry that I do not know enough to explain better. I'll think and ask and try if I can.

That's where faith stops you asking questions, like "how did life start" and investigating them. When you have an answer like "a spirit man made of dust then brought into a garden where another spirit removed a rib to make a female version of himself and then sex", why do you need things like scientists? (hint: because real answers are better).

• tec
    tec

DP, I'm not sure about that forum for me, lol. Not that great a relationship between the admin there and me. Not too sure I'm welcome, and I definitely would not feel welcome. I don't tend to go places that i am not welcome. So I'll think about it, but I'm not promising anything.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: theres no embaressment with me me as well,i cant speak for tec, aguest and company,we all believe in a creator,but from there are veiws are far differnt lol

• tec
    tec

why do you need things like scientists? (hint: because real answers are better).

Science can help one see how something comes to be; a process; etc. Building blocks. Sometimes we need to see something in the physical before we can begin to grasp the spiritual. In any case, I love the universe, and the physical. The good parts. Don't love the death and sickness and starvation and pain, etc. Love the rest though.

peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Science can help one see how something comes to be; a process; etc. Building blocks.

Eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit