Several Sites Are Down

by Juan Viejo2 90 Replies latest jw friends

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

There are people on this site with resourses. interface with us

We will flood them under

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it is shocking that an ISP shuts down a site with no warning, and offering you no right of reply. With youtube, there is a process to lodge a complaint, have it reviewed and replied to before taking the clip down. At least they will put it back up once you remove the document.

• Pterist
    Pterist

You may Not want to put all your eggs in one basket in future.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Fair use is getting abused to extremes on the internet --- It's completely legal to copy and paste portions of text from any published document to critique it and discuss it or make fun of it.

Now the quantity of the copy/paste can be up for debate, but surely a couple of paragraphs from a magazine or book is not a substantial quantity.

Good luck

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Reputable publishers even put "Share" buttons on articles. They WANT people to share and increase readership, SEO, and potential subscribers.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Googlebooks puts up reams of pages. Surely a religion that claims to want it's message to reach every man, woman, child and their pet iguana would't make a stink.

S

• wasblind
    wasblind

Surely a religion that claims to want it's message to reach every man, woman, child and their pet iguana would't make a stink.

S

LOL, especially a religion that say they go D2D because

" The message that the Witnesses proclaim involves the lives of people; they want to be careful to miss no one."________Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 206

Kinda make 'em look like hypocrits don't it ?

They oughta thank us , we are indeed speadin' a life savin' message

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Juan and friends, it certainly looks like you got their attention.

Probably, Anthony Morris the Turd got offended by Cedars' lampooning videos. Copyright Infringement is just the WT legal tactic du jour to bully.

Taking down a single offending document is a good strategy. You'll be up and running again in no time and the WT weenies will be frustrated because their strong-arm tactics have been rendered ineffective and impotent.

Keep up the good work.

00DAD

• moshe
    moshe

My guess is they have hired a non-JWs to police these websites- no way they could allow Bethel insiders to read these websites on a daily basis

• cedars
    cedars

Now that I know more about what happened, I'm personally interpreting this as an attack by Watchtower. I know what item it was that rattled them, and I'm not at all surprised. On the one hand, it's nice to know we're getting under their skin. On the other, it's ridiculous how quickly Juan's service provider has buckled under the slightest bit of pressure from Patterson - without any clear evidence that copyright has even been breached. If they're going to be so uncooperative, we may need to take our business elsewhere. It's all an inconvenience, but it won't deter us from soldiering on. If anything it makes us more determined than ever.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit