Several Sites Are Down

by Juan Viejo2 90 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
  • Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

youre getting under their skin Cedars...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Cedars! Whether this is just a bug with your hosting company or not, do you think you should be "thrusting out the shoot" at their noses by hosting their copyrighted calendar images on your site?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Update on JWSurvey.org and other websites...

This appears to be a hosting company problem. All of my websites are down on this server. I am on the line waiting to talk to them, but there is a 20 minute wait - so apparently the problem is at their end involving one or more of their master servers.

I'm not sure if this is part of the problem, but when trying to set up an expanded email box for my daughter, it failed because it assigned the mailbox to the Asian region, not US. Since my domains are US region, it would not allow me to modify or correct. So something is going on.

It could be an attack - but more likely it is a temporary glitch like the one in September when they were switching (according to them) from disk based servers to memory based servers. To the world there is little difference, but when you take spindles, motors and bearings out of the picture, things are a lot faster with much lower maintenance.

I'll let everyone know when the sites are back up and what the problem might have been (if they tell me).

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Confirmed that one bank of servers is down at the hosting company and they are working on it.

This is not an attack by the WT or any of its agents.

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Sites are back up. Some larger sites will take a little longer to refresh their databases. All is well once again...

JV

• whathappened
    whathappened

Keep up the good work on those web sites gentlemen. The world needs easy access to the truth about the truth.

• cedars
    cedars

Phew, glad it was nothing malicious!

Cedars

• Violia
    Violia

could any of this have to do with the Java warning ? I just heard about it today and apparently homeland security has advised all to disable Java .

http://www.zdnet.com/homeland-security-warns-to-disable-java-amid-zero-day-flaw-7000009713/

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

An italian ex-jw received the same warning from it's internet service provider, he's removed the letter, but will talk to his lawyer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit