• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Go bounce~ on your way, slinky! (LOL)

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Incorrigible...

• gone for good
    gone for good

This might be a good place to jump in with a first post, since the topic seems to be 'humble opinions' of this forum.

As a long time lurker (islurker childish too?), I've been impressed all to pieces with what this forum is about -supporting , comforting and encouraging thousands of good-hearted folks who ultimately found themselves skinned and thrown about in so very many heartless ways.

For more than a year I've read along in some of the finest examples of compassionate acceptance and friendship a stranger could ever hope for.

Just look at the grace and good intentions recently extended to 'Aunt Connie' even in spite of doubts of the posters credibility! Even amid the doubt , a host of the usual, fine suspects offered exactly what was most helpfull. Impressive!

And all these hotly debated discussions about ANYTHING! WOW!! if only I could reason and consider so effectively! So, I just listen and learn and appreciate the intellect , sincereity and boundsless passion that (nearly) everyone brings to this forum.

Hate to ramble on - but it must be acknowleged what a good natured , funny-loving bunch you are. The first time I found this forum, an edifying discussions about who was and wasn't 'an A$$hole' was in full bloom! -really! I fit right in here. GfG

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I like the spring in your step, gone for good! Welcome!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I don't like the word "Apostate" because it does not reflect what the word really means, it's a vicious evil catch-all phrase used to shut the thinking part of Witnesses brain down.

I think people accuse others of being trolls because they can't believe some of the wild stories we hear on JWN. If you told me twenty years ago some pedophiles were allowed to roam a Kingdom Hall without a ball and chain, I would have called you a troll!

I thought the Organization dealt evenly and justly because I believed it was so. I now know that is a lie after seeing victims get swept under WTS gagg orders, allowing some pedophiles to remain as elders because a circuit overseer will threaten a victim with "slander" or "gossip" charges. I think more stories are going to come our way and test our ability to evaluate if their true or false. JW friendly websites call anyone a troll who attempts to ask questions web-administrators are unable to white-wash over, are we going to do the same? Turtle turtle is cool!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I like trolls

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome gone for good!

Hope you have a blast here on JWN without any of the unpleasantness that erupts on the odd occasion.

Fernando

• Terry
    Terry

Lessons learned from 8 years on Discussion forums:

1. Ignore provocative jibes, insults and baiting whenever possible.

2.Adjectives connected to the other person's arguments are weakness in your own. "Ridiculous" being the telltale slide into the abyss.

3.You can't push a rope, but, you can hang yourself with one. Meaning? The start of every conflict in words originates in the unstated definitions of words, terms, premises.

4.Emotions aren't facts. Emotions are connected to deeply held values. When emotions bubble up in conversation you've landed in a "no-fly" zone beyond reasoning. Pack it in, you're wasting your time.

5.There is a world of difference between talking about IDEAS and talking about the PEOPLE who have the ideas. That is what Ad Hominem really means: to the man. Getting personal is cheap theatrics.

6.Trouble makers are starved for ANY kind of attention. Response=feeding.

7. There is no "winning". Winning is a Charlie Sheen fantasy:)

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Good Luck with that!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Lessons learned from 8 years on Discussion forums:
    1. Ignore provocative jibes, insults and baiting whenever possible.
    2.Adjectives connected to the other person's arguments are weakness in your own. "Ridiculous" being the telltale slide into the abyss.
    3.You can't push a rope, but, you can hang yourself with one. Meaning? The start of every conflict in words originates in the unstated definitions of words, terms, premises.
    4.Emotions aren't facts. Emotions are connected to deeply held values. When emotions bubble up in conversation you've landed in a "no-fly" zone beyond reasoning. Pack it in, you're wasting your time.
    5.There is a world of difference between talking about IDEAS and talking about the PEOPLE who have the ideas. That is what Ad Hominem really means: to the man. Getting personal is cheap theatrics.
    6.Trouble makers are starved for ANY kind of attention. Response=feeding.
    7. There is no "winning". Winning is a Charlie Sheen fantasy:)

Terry has taken the correct and made it his bitch !

Well said Terry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit