CRAPPING DEAD DINOSAUR MEAT....and the religious implications...

by Terry 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Genesis 1:29-30

King James Version (KJV)

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth,

and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth,

wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Am I to understand from that Scripture that God gave Adam and Eve animals to eat ?

Even prior to their big sin ?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I know, Finkelstein - but I am playing with the notion that killing and eating animals for meat prior to the flood was NOT specifically forbidden.

Isn't there some vague reference to animal sacrifice made in the Cain/Abel story as well?

BTW - that King James translation is amusing: I have given you fruits and vegatables for meat???

If they could not kill animals for meat, how did they know what meat was?

Of course, this is all a flight of fantasy for people who know the slightest thing about archeology...

• Terry
    Terry

How did my thread turn into a Vegan paradise? :)

Let me try again....please....

Here is the context:

1.Believers in God start with the premise that Death entered the world through the Sin of Man (Adam/Eve).

2.I pointed out a dissonant and provable falsifying evidence: Millions and Millions of years BEFORE man existed the dinosaurs ate each other.

Now--don't stop reading!! We have to make one more connective leap!!

This Topic has nothing to do with EATING!

It has to do with a logical contradiction concerning DEATH.

Get it? Death-----not Eating!

To put a very fine point on it I'll spell it out:

Either God created the dinosaurs with a deliberate nature for violence and death or God did NOT create the dinosaurs.

Therefore........(wait for it..................wait for it..........................)

God is either deliberately the author of Death without any connection to SIN....or.......blind evolution is the reason for animal AND human nature which brings about death.

Now, do you get it?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Am I to understand from that Scripture that God gave Adam and Eve animals to eat ?

Well, Genesis 1 doesn't mention Adam and Ever per say...

26 Then God said, “Let (AE) Us make (AF) man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them (AG) rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man (AH) in His own image, in the image of God He created him; (AI) male and female He created them. 28 God blessed them; and God said to them, “ (AJ) Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29 Then God said, “Behold, (AK) I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30 and (AL) to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so.

Depends on how one choose to interpret the whole of the text or parts of it.

DIRECTLY only plants are said to be food, note verses 29 and 30.

29 says trees and fruits shall be food and 30 states that every beast and bird, everything that moves and has life has been given green plant for food.

There seems to be the implication that man and animals are vegetarian.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, it actually is important to make the distinction between death and eating or more correctly, killing for survival and population control VS killing for any other reason other than survival.

When herbavores eat they are killing plant life so, even at that stage there was death, the death of plants.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Applying logic to any theology is like a dog trying to catch its tail and never achieving the end result.

• Terry
    Terry

And MY point is that it was deliberate INTENTION on the part of a supposed Creator God to design and build killing machines!

The nature of God would be reflected in His "art".

My non-sarcastic conclusion (letting such a disappointing deity off the hook) is that no such supernatural being had anything to do with LIFE on Earth involving DEATH on Earth...because...

it was random and pointless.

• Terry
    Terry

Applying logic to any theology is like a dog trying to catch its tail and never achieving the end result

Now that is what we call an inadvertant PUN!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I sort of get what Terry is saying - but was pointing out the subtle distinction that in Genesis, there is really no strict prohibition to man killing animals for food (or animals killing animals for food) as far as I can see.

What I am missing is the connection to predatory flesh eating and the actual original sin of eating the "forbidden fruit".

It is true that God says he gives them vegatation as food, but he does NOT prohibit killing or eating animal flesh between animal species (who could not understand or act on such a proclamation intelligently, anyway) - nor, for that matter, does he place a prohibitory law on mankind about this.

He DOES explicitly place the prohibitionary law against eating the ONE TREE - the tree of life.

Thus, in that context, it could mean that he is saying - see: I let you eat from EVERY OTHER tree - but just not THAT ONE. In this context, the statement is really a pretty weak reference to insist on a pre-flood vegan life-style for all animal creation.

In fact, eating from the tree of knowledge seems to be a much bigger deal than for Cain to have killed Abel.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As its known when it comes to placing theology against reality they are predominantly far apart from one another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit