CRAPPING DEAD DINOSAUR MEAT....and the religious implications...

by Terry 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Why oh why must the animals in Eden be vegetarians? Tell us, please, oh Watchtower of light and Truth?
    What does it imply were it not so?

Well, for one thing - it would imply (if animals ate meat in the Garden of Eden) that God was not stupid enough to create meat-eaters and then try to make them eat cantaloups. Another strange point (never, as far as I know, explained by the Watchtower) was whether there were animals OUTSIDE the Garden of Eden before Adam and Eve were thrown out. They seem to imply that all the animals were inside the Garden and thrown out with the humans in God's Wrath - but I could never understand exactly what the animals did wrong; really, not even the snake.

• Terry
    Terry

What--according to Watchtower canon--was the reason for the death of animals before the Fall of Adam?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What--according to Watchtower canon--was the reason for the death of animals before the Fall of Adam?

I asked this of a circuit overseer and got told that animals always died because they were different than humans. (Jehovah never intended them to live forever) - Really. So then I asked if this meant that animals would still die in the paradise earth, and got told that we do not know that. So - they KNEW that animals died in the garden, but DID NOT know if they would die in the new earth. I actually found all this completely silly because I had been to science & biology class and knew how old the dinosaurs were.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

TestYourFaith sez...

SATAN PUT THOSE FOSSILS THERE TO TEST YOUR FAITH!

LOL

That's exactly what David Reed told me 15 years ago on the phone in my challenging him on dinosaurs, sins of animals, and young earth theories. :-))

I was insulted. I loved only a few things in my pre-teens:

Egypt (been there)

Dinosaurs (didn't get to meet one yet)

Horror stories (Ambrose Bierce, etc.)

Submarines (drew up a design and sent it to the Navy and got a nice reply!)

I was 9 years old.

Don't tell me God plays stupid tricks to test us, a pretty lame answer :-)) You have to be desperate to believe this stupidity.

No wonder Anne Rice became a Catholic, then dropped it after getting bored with braindead clerics.

Dogz

'

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    No wonder Anne Rice became a Catholic, then dropped it after getting bored with braindead clerics.

The prpoblem with Anne is that she fell into the same hole that so many do, they associate the faith with the heirarchy and expect changes without working for them.

She complained when the Pope said that condoms are the solution to stave off AIDS and one has to wonder how she didn't know the RCC position on birth control BEFORE she became a Catholic?

Obvious that her son being Gay was going to cost some issues, what did she expect?

You shouldn't complain when a religious organization does things that it has always done.

No matter how liberal the RCC can be at times at the grass roots levels, when it comes to "official dogma" they have a stick up their ass.

• Terry
    Terry

The Society has special insights due to their being a channel of communication with Jehovah.

The peculiar way this knowldege comes and goes has to do with what I can only guess is "intuition".

What is most telling is how confidently their conjectures appear to the readers.

If you asked a GB member point blank: "What is the difference between guessing and what you do" I think it would be most difficult to fashion a responsive comeback.

For example, 1975 as the end of 6k years of human existence---was that knowledge, guesswork or pure invention?

The only purposeful words I'm aware of in regard to that debacle concerned their "eagerness" to see Jehovah's promises fulfilled.

How touching and tender that is! Makes you want to pinch their widdle cheek and say, "Awww, poor thing--better luck next time."

NOT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit